Enjoy this comprehensive day tour of Canberra, Australian's capital city. Travel south by coach from Sydney through the Goulburn region, one of Australia's premier sheep and wool growing areas, and on to Canberra.
- Visit the National Museum of Australia, Parliament House, At Ainslie, National Gallery and Australian War Memorial on this full-day tour from Sydney
- Enjoy a guided tour of Parliament House and the National Museum of Australia
- Hear the history of the ANZAC as you travel along the boulevard
- See The Lodge, the Prime Minister's Canberra residence
- Amazing views of Canberra from Mt Ainslie
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Informative and friendly guide
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off from Sydney
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
This guided Canberra tour has been carefully designed to ensure you take in all of the main sights of this modern and well planned city of imposing architecture set amongst many beautifully kept gardens and parks to help you gain an insight into the workings of the capital and of Australia
Your tour of Canberra includes the following highlights:
- Stretch your legs during a morning break near quaint Berrima
- Join a guided tour of the National Museum of Australia
- Discover Canberra's salute to all that is Australian, from our diverse cultural mix to current icons such as the famous Hills Hoist
- Enjoy a private guided tour of Parliament House
- Have the opportunity to view the upper or lower Houses of Parliament (when in session)
- See 'The Lodge', the Prime Minister's residence when in Canberra
- Travel the pretty tree lined streets and view diplomatic homes and embassies of many foreign ambassadors
- See Captain Cook Memorial Fountain, the National Library and the High Court
- View Carillon's beautiful bell tower and the gardens of Commonwealth Park
- Hear the history of the ANZACs as we travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of two world wars
- Visit the Australian War Memorial, home to an interesting display of war relics
- Travel to the summit of Mt Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra and surrounds
Your return journey to Sydney will include a short dinner break (own expense)
07:45am - The Star - Coach Terminal
07:15am - Crescent on Bayswater
07:30am - Sheraton on the Park
07:25am - Sydney Harbour Marriott
07:25am - YHA Central
Our Canberra guide was extremely knowledgeable. The bus driver and attendant were friendly and went out of their way to provide a great experience. The entire day was well worth it.
Great value....learned alot
my appreciation for this beautifully organized and very well executed tour. everything from the first to the last minute of it was smooth, pleasant, informative and interesting. thank you.
This was excellent. The tour guide was extremely helpful and informative
I thought the tour was excellent. It's a long day with the travel time but I found even the transfer time entertaining with informative commentary along the way. As an introduction to Canberra, I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I would recommend this tour to anyone who has a spare day to get out of Sydney and see the nation's capital.
We found this trip to be absolutely fantastic although a little rushed. Perhaps on this trip we could suggest that one chooses if one would like to either go to the art museum or the war memorial but not both, just a suggestion as we really enjoyed this trip.
Excellent tour! Not only you get to know the city's views, but also get entertained with the coach driver who makes the long trip very entertaining.
it was exciting and interesting.
This Tour to Canberra was awesome, totally recommend it. Especially the guided tour by local guide Bernard in the National gallery.
Great tour guide. Lovely city. Really enjoyed visiting the parliament builing.