Enjoy this comprehensive day tour of Canberra, Australian's capital city. Travel south by coach from Sydney through the Goulburn region, one of Australia's premier sheep and wool growing areas, and on to Canberra.
- Visit the National Museum of Australia, Parliament House, At Ainslie, National Gallery and Australian War Memorial on this full-day tour from Sydney
- Enjoy a guided tour of Parliament House and the National Museum of Australia
- Hear the history of the ANZAC as you travel along the boulevard
- See The Lodge, the Prime Minister's Canberra residence
- Amazing views of Canberra from Mt Ainslie
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Informative and friendly guide
- Includes hotel pickup and drop off from Sydney
What You Can Expect
This guided Canberra tour has been carefully designed to ensure you take in all of the main sights of this modern and well planned city of imposing architecture set amongst many beautifully kept gardens and parks to help you gain an insight into the workings of the capital and of Australia
Your tour of Canberra includes the following highlights:
- Stretch your legs during a morning break near quaint Berrima
- Join a guided tour of the National Museum of Australia
- Discover Canberra's salute to all that is Australian, from our diverse cultural mix to current icons such as the famous Hills Hoist
- Enjoy a private guided tour of Parliament House
- Have the opportunity to view the upper or lower Houses of Parliament (when in session)
- See 'The Lodge', the Prime Minister's residence when in Canberra
- Travel the pretty tree lined streets and view diplomatic homes and embassies of many foreign ambassadors
- See Captain Cook Memorial Fountain, the National Library and the High Court
- View Carillon's beautiful bell tower and the gardens of Commonwealth Park
- Hear the history of the ANZACs as we travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of two world wars
- Visit the Australian War Memorial, home to an interesting display of war relics
- Travel to the summit of Mt Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra and surrounds
Your return journey to Sydney will include a short dinner break (own expense)
Really enjoyed the trip to Canberra, it was a long day but well worth the price.
Neil was an excellent driver and a very personable man.
The guided tours at the War Museum and Monument were excellent, as was the Gallery. Parliament House was a little bit rushed once inside, I feel the guide spent too much time outside Parliament. Once inside she spent too much time talking about the marble and where it was from, instead of other more interesting subjects.. Especially as we were short on time. There was no time to buy any souvenirs., I think that when the guide knows that it is just a day trip the commentary could be shortened. I do however intend to return to Canberra in the future. I really did enjoy the trip and would recommend it to everyone. Thank you to Neil.
Very excellent tour.