Take a day trip from Sydney to tour the beautiful Hunter Valley and learn about Australia's pioneering history. You'll visit boutique wineries, sample wines, chocolate and cheese, see native animals at the Australian Reptile Park and enjoy a gourmet lunch at a vineyard cafe.
- Scenic drive from Sydney to the beautiful Hunter Valley on a small-group tour
- Morning tea and meeting Australia's native animals at Australia Walkabout Wildlife Park
- Colonial history at Wollombi village
- Visiting three boutique wineries to sample up to 30 premium Hunter Valley wines
- Wine and food appreciation lunch at the Hunter Valley Vineyard Cafe
- Cheese and chocolate tastings
- Learning about the history of the Hunter region and its wines from your expert guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recent Photos of this Tour
Us & Our guidePhoto by: Tze Yi KSingapore, 03 2008
Tasting HousePhoto by: sazUnited Kingdom, 05 2012
Roo and JoeyPhoto by: sazUnited Kingdom, 05 2012
Me & the KangaroosPhoto by: Tze Yi KSingapore, 03 2008
Lunch at San Martino Wine Bar ...Photo by: Tze Yi KSingapore, 03 2008
Junge Juice @ Woloombi TavernPhoto by: Tze Yi KSingapore, 03 2008
At Brokenwood WinesPhoto by: Tze Yi KSingapore, 03 2008
Next you will travel along the Great North Road, built by convicts in the early 1800’s to provide a route from Sydney to the Hunter Valley, passing through the historic town of Wollombi and on to the first of the three winery visits of the day.
With more than 120 wineries, the Hunter Valley produces excellent wines, loved both locally and abroad. Today you will sample the local vintages and learn how to tell the difference between chardonnay and a pinot noir!
The day ends with a trip to Pokolbin for a tasting of artisan cheeses and chocolates, before returning back to the city