- Hunter Valley private day tour from Sydney
- Relax with morning tea at the Australian Reptile Park and enjoy an up-close encounter with native Australian animals
- Travel through Dharag and Yengo national parks
- Sample delicious wines at selected wineries, plus cheese, olive oil and chocolate tastings
- Choose from modern Australian fine dining at Esca Bimbadgen restaurant or lunch at a boutique winery
- Your private tour ensures more personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Leaving the park, your scenic private tour continues through the region’s pristine national parks and along the convict-built Great North Road. Stop in at the historic town of Wollombi and visit a local tavern before continuing to Mt View, aptly named for its panoramic views over the vineyards of the Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest winemaking region.
Your tour then takes you to some of the Hunter Valley’s smaller, more personalized boutique wineries, where you might get to meet the owners or winemakers at the winery cellar doors. Enjoy tastings of several varieties of wines and learn about the winemaking process; then savor a cheese and olive oil tasting at the Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop.
Depending on your selection, stop next for a two-course lunch at Bimbadgen Estate’s sophisticated Esca restaurant or enjoy a lunch of wine and food pairing at a local vineyard.
After lunch, enjoy more wine tastings at several wineries, and savor local chocolates at a chocolate shop before returning to Sydney, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel at around 5:30pm.
A meal at sophisticated Esca Bimbadgen is accompanied by views over the Hunter Valley vineyards from the restaurant’s hilltop position. Enjoy a two-course lunch (beverages at own cost) featuring the superb local produce and stylish presentation of modern Australian cuisine.
Choose from a selection of platters (including vegetarian options), accompanied by tastings of two red and two white wines chosen to complement the dishes served. The winery also offers beer tasting and wines from at least 10 Hunter Valley boutique wineries.