- Hunter Valley private day tour from Sydney
- Relax with morning tea at the Australian Reptile Park and enjoy an up-close encounter with native Australian animals
- Travel through Dharag and Yengo national parks
- Enjoy wine and cheese pairings at Hunter valley
- Choose from modern Australian fine dining at Esca Bimbadgen restaurant or lunch at a boutique winery
- Your private tour ensures more personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
After about one hour, stop for morning tea and a look at the residents of the Australian Reptile Park. There, you can hand-feed the kangaroos and see native critters such as crocodiles, dingos, Tasmanian devils, wombats, platypus and more.
Continue to the Hunter Valley via the scenic Great North Road, which was constructed by convict laborers in the early 1800s. In the town of Wollombi, admire 19th-century buildings made from sandstone and timber, then pop into a tavern for a taste of local life. Then resume your drive, pausing at a lookout on Mt View that offers panoramic photo ops of the Hunter Valley’s vineyards and rolling hills.
When you arrive in the Hunter Valley, visit smaller wineries where you can meet the winemakers, get an insider’s perspective on the winemaking process and take an easy stroll around a vineyard. Enjoy tastings of a variety of award-winning wines at several tasting rooms (cellar doors).
For lunch, you have two choices upon booking. You can select lunch at a local vineyard; your meal is paired with a glass of wine (included). For a more luxurious experience, you can choose to include a 2-course lunch at the elegant restaurant Esca Bimbadgen; wine is available for purchase with your meal.
After a delicious day in the Hunter Valley, your tour ends with return to your Sydney hotel.