- Full day small-group tour to Royal National Park, the second oldest national park in the world, from Sydney
- Enjoy free time for optional activities such as canoeing, mountain biking or hang gliding (own expense)
- Learn how to throw spears with a woomera, an aboriginal spear-throwing device
- Sample tasty Australian barbecue for your picnic lunch
- Take a bush walk to Wattamolla beach, great for swimming and snorkeling, then take in stunning views from Bald Hill
- Drive over Sea Cliff Bridge and the Grand Pacific Drive, one of Australia’s most beautiful coastal roads
- Small-group tour limited to 24 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the park, you’ll have approximately two hours of free time with your choice of optional activities: canoe on Kangaroo Creek, paddle a historic row boat or hire an aqua-bike (own expense). If you want to take it easy, you can relax at the cafe or stroll along one of the walking trails in this beautiful section of Royal National Park.
After a couple of hours exploring, you’ll meet up to learn from your guide how to throw a spear from a woomera, a traditional aboriginal spear-throwing device. Then you’ll relax while lunching on a delicious Australian barbecue picnic.
In the afternoon, follow your guide on a walk to the beautiful beach at Wattamolla and pick up tips about how to survive in the Australian bush. When you arrive at the beach, you’ll have time to swim, play beach games and sunbathe.
Next you’ll continue along the trail to Bald Hill Headland Reserve for fantastic views overlooking Stanwell Park. Stanwell Park was home to Lawrence Hargraves, Australia's pioneer of flight. It’s now the most famous hang gliding and paragliding site in Australia. If time allows, you’ll stop for afternoon tea and may even get to try tandem hang-gliding (own expense).
On the way back to Sydney, you’ll drive along the Grand Pacific Drive, one of Australia's most scenic coastal roads, crossing Sea Cliff Bridge, a section of the road built over the ocean. In Sydney, where you’ll be returned to your original departure point.