- Day trip to the Blue Mountains from Sydney
- Pet a koala and hand-feed kangaroos at Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Explore the UNESCSO World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains
- Take a guided walk to Wentworth Falls and admire the famous Three Sisters rock formation
- Visit Scenic World and ride one of the world’s steepest railways (own expense)
- Cruise down the Parramatta River and under the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A great value! The small group size makes for a fun, relaxed time visiting the can't-miss Blue Mountains, feeding adorable animals at the wildlife park and cruising under the one-and-only Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- sea of cloudsPhoto by: Roselyn R
- Enjoying a beautiful day in ...Photo by: Michelle H
- Blue MountainsPhoto by: Nur Iman D
- River cruise down Paramatta ...Photo by: jooail
- Nigel, our friendly tour guidePhoto by: jooail
- Fetherdale Wildlife ParkPhoto by: jooail
- Steepest RailwayPhoto by: jooail
- 3 SistersPhoto by: jooail
- Blue Mountains The Three ...Photo by: Edgar H
- Blue MountainsPhoto by: Shelagh L
- WallabyPhoto by: Shelagh L
- Kuddly koalaPhoto by: Shelagh L
- Keyes family at the Blue MtnsPhoto by: carol k
- Blue Mountains Jamison Valley ...Photo by: Scuba Suzie
- Wild Life ParkPhoto by: Keith K
- Gorgeous Blue Mountains!Photo by: Lydia P
- Kangaroo KissPhoto by: Sophia B
- retour en fin d excursionPhoto by: ANNE J
- les blues mountainsPhoto by: ANNE J
- Jamison Valley and the Blue ...Photo by: Eric B
What You Can Expect
Stretch your legs and meet amazing native Australian animals during a stop at Featherdale Wildlife Park. Want to pet a koala? You can do so there. Plus you might like to hand-feed the kangaroos and emus. Be sure to bring your camera for great photo ops!
Once you reach the Blue Mountains, stop at Echo Point to admire one of the Blue Mountains’ most heralded sights: the Three Sisters. Your guide explains local lore about this sculptural rock formation, which sits above the picturesque Jamison Valley. Next up, a nature hike to stunning Wentworth Falls. Then choose from several tour options at Scenic World (own expense). You might ride the rails or take to the air in a gondola to view the rainforest and valleys of the Blue Mountains.
Expect a break for lunch in Katoomba, a charming village in the Blue Mountains. You can either bring your own picnic or stop into one of the town’s fine cafes to purchase your lunch. Throughout the day, your guide provides informative commentary about the sights along with time for photo ops and rest stops.
As your small group-tour heads back towards Sydney in the afternoon, stop at Olympic Park, where the Olympic Games were held in the year 2000. Then hop on board a comfortable boat and glide along the Parramatta River. Take in the waterfront homes and lush greenery as you cruise back to the city. Once you pass under Sydney Harbour Bridge, it’s not long before your boat docks at Circular Quay where your full-day Blue Mountains tour ends.
the trip was super fun!
Everything from a prompt pickup to an on time drop off and in between Steve was a wonderful guide, noting a long line and taking up to another starting point at Scenic World which sounded like an amusement park, but really wasn't....to the better. Seemed to be able to work around the bigger coaches to our benefit. An extra stop to a less popular lookout and a lesson on some local trees enhanced the tour as well.
Nigel was a legend. It was the foggiest day of the year, but he managed to find the perfect spot with the best view. Not all tours do that. Nigel promises to have OUR OWN tour, not a fixed one. Nigel even bought us a little present at the end, but I will not tell you what it was- if you're a good group, he will surprise you too :
Very good experience. Our tour had very few people and tour guide was knowledgable and funny.
great trip! Our tour guide, Ben, had historical and environmental knowledge far beyond that any other tour guide with whom we've ever been paired up. He did a great job wrangling the tour members without making us feel herded.
Nixe Trip with a good Guide and a Walk down to the botom of the waterfall who warnt.
Awesome, spectacular views, great guide, just love it!
Booked this tour via viator and had a blast! It all started with out guide Nigel, He made the whole day go by smoothly without missing a beat. His random knowledge of all the areas we went to was amazing. The way he explained things made it fun which is the best way, in my opinion, to remember something more better in the future. He did talk about the bikers on the highway/freeway and how he admires them so much. You can't see my face but I was being sarcastic with the bikers. Honestly , if you like riding bikes along people driving fast , then he is not the guide to go with. He is not a fan of you. There were 7 of us on the bus and we all had comfortable spots. Getting to the spots does take quite a bit of driving and Nigel did a good job of keeping us safe and out of harm. We got to Blue Mountains and he went with all of us down the mountain. We then had a specific time to meet back up to go to the next spot, which would be Echo Park. Lovely place to see the three sisters but it could get a bit busy there with all the tourist. However, it is a nice spot to see the gorgeous sisters as long as you can find a clear spot to them. Overall , I couldn't have asked for a better person to take me on the tour!
It was a great all day tour. Our guide, Steve was delightful. He gave us just the right amount of information at the appropriate time.
Daniel C Portugal
Great guide Steve and a great day... :