- 1.5-hour snorkeling experience with sharks at Sydney SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Snorkel in a see-through enclosure within the Giant Barrier Reef tank while sharks cruise nearby
- Receive all snorkel instruction and gear from your marine expert instructor; no experience needed
- Get priority admission to the aquarium and a 20% discount for friends that come to watch you during your snorkeling experience
- Enjoy 20 minutes in the water after a thorough briefing and training
What You Can Expect
Next up, your guide provides a safety orientation and detailed instructions for your snorkeling experience. Then head to the changing room to get outfitted in your swimsuit and the provided wetsuit, gloves, boots, mask and snorkel. Your personal gear is safely stored in the changing room while you are in the water.
Follow your guide to the clear enclosure that sits within the larger aquarium tank. Simply step down a ladder into the enclosure, similar to entering a swimming pool. The warm water is approximately four feet (1.25 meters) deep, permitting most adults and older children to be able to stand. Flotation devices are available if necessary.
Once in the water, enjoy exciting views of the sharks and colorful fish as they swim past you. Swim or dip underwater to closely observe the sleek movements of the white-tip reef sharks, leopard shark, Maori wrasse (aka Napoleon wrasse) and hundreds of colorful fish. Expect to spend about 20 minutes in the tank, with the entire experience lasting about 90 minutes. Your small group, limited to four people, receives personalized attention from the guide throughout the time on land and in the water.
Family and friends can watch you and take photos while you are in the tank. After emerging from the water, showers are available in the changing rooms.
When you have finished your shark snorkel, you can explore the rest of SEA LIFE Sydney’s amazing exhibits on your own.