Save over 35% on the recommended retail price for adults only. Special offer valid for travel until March 31, 2014
- Sydney Harbour Cruise on board a restored 1920s Sydney ferry
- Guided Goat Island walking tour
- Learn about Australia’s convict history
- See the harbor-side mansions of Sydney’s rich and famous
- Unique photo opportunities of the Harbour Bridge and famed Sydney Opera House
- Cold buffet lunch on Goat Island with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This package is an awesome value -- a guided tour, cruise around Sydney Harbour on an authentic tall ship, lunch and drinks are all included. On Goat Island, you learn about a fascinating part of Sydney's history, and the views of Sydney Harbour Bridge are superb.
What You Can Expect
Goat Island, which has restricted, limited access, is the largest of the islands in Sydney Harbour. Over the years, Goat Island has served as a quarry, convict stockade, explosives store, police station and fire station. Today the island forms part of the Sydney Harbour National Park.
On a 1-mile (1.5-km) guided walking tour, learn about Goat Island’s colorful past and visit some of Australia's most important and intact convict-built structures. Take in the historic surroundings, and visit the early-1800s military gun-powder magazine, the soldiers’ barracks complex and Sydney’s oldest water police station. You’ll learn what convict life was like on Goat Island, from their punishments to their cramped sleeping quarters and food.
After your guided walking tour receive a complimentary drink before re-boarding the tall ship. Then it’s time to relax and enjoy a cold buffet feast with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine! As you eat, enjoy the surrounding views of Sydney Harbour before returning back to Campbell's Cove.
Cold meats and seafood
- Fresh king prawns with aioli dressing
- Honey, soy and sesame marinated chicken drumsticks
- Roast rare beef with tomato chutney and horseradish sauce
- Double smoked ham off the bone with seeded mustard
- Mixed leaf salad with cucumber, grated carrot, Spanish onion and raspberry vinaigrette
- Potato salad with shallots, capsicum and creamy mayonnaise
- Spiral pasta with feta, semi dried tomato, kalamata olives, and pesto with tomato ragout
Menu subject to change
Crew were very friendly , knowledgeable and professional. Boat was a little old but had character. Food was good and atmosphere cheerful.
this is a very good starter tour of Sydney,s past so enjoyed the guides stories of the past fantastic.