- Sydney Symphony Orchestra performance at the Sydney Opera House
- Guided Tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Three-course dinner at the award wining exclusive Aria Restaurant
- A and B Reserve seating available
What You Can Expect
Follow your expert guide on a walking tour of approximately one hour. Your guide shares fascinating details about the architecture, artists and history of the opera house and gives you access to parts of the building that are normally off-limits. In a venue that hosts more than 1,500 live performances per year, there are sure to be stories around every corner.
After your tour, walk just a few minutes down the waterfront to Aria Restaurant. There you sit down and gaze over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House while enjoying a deluxe three-course dinner (sample menu under Itinerary).
At the end of your meal, simply stroll back to the opera house to watch the Sydney Symphony take the stage. Your dinner and symphony package includes an A-reserve ticket for the show. The Sydney Symphony is known to select pieces that range from well-loved orchestra classics to innovative contemporary works. This exquisite night with the Sydney Symphony at the Sydney Opera House promises to be one of the highlights of a trip to Australia (details under Itinerary below).
Please note: The Sydney Opera House and Sydney Symphony Dinner Package often sells out weeks in advance. Book now to avoid disappointment.
Refer to the 'View Additional Info' link below for the Sydney Opera House map.
2015/2016 Performance Schedule:
Beethoven's Missa Solemnis
Experience Beethoven at his most visionary and inspirational with solo voices, a grand choir and full orchestra!
Beethoven said his Missa Solemnis was 'my greatest work'. He put his heart and soul into this music over a period of nearly four years ‐ well and truly missing his deadline along the way ‐ and the result is magnificent, ambitious and gloriously inspiring.
Performance dates: November 2015: 14, 16, 17
Audra McDonald Sings Broadway
The legendary Audra McDonald comes to dazzle Sydney with your favourite Broadway show tunes. Audra McDonald just won her sixth Tony Award and two Grammys, and we're thrilled to have enticed her to Sydney. Whether it's Rodgers & ammerstein, Irving Berlin, Ebb & Kander, Lerner & Loewe, Mancini, Sondheim or beyond, she can sing it all, bringing glamorous style to the classics and pizzazz to the latest shows.
Performance dates: November 2015: 6, 7
Thus Spake Zarathustra Edo de Waart Returns
Former chief conductor Edo de Waart returns to conduct signature music by Wagner and Strauss, and a spectacular showpiece for organ with Olivier Latry. Some of Edo de Waart's most exciting concerts with the SSO featured music by Wagner and Richard Strauss, and now he's back with more of that signature repertoire.
Performance dates: November 2015: 25, 27, 28
Edo Conducts Mozart & Elgar
Edo de Waart returns to Sydney with Elgar's First Symphony and music by Mozart and Ross Edwards. Ross Edwards believes that music has enormous therapeutic qualities: through music we find transformation and healing. And the enticing style of his White Ghost Dancing brings ritualistic rhythms and spiritual chanting to this final concert of the 2015 season
Performance dates: December 2015: 4
Romantic Memories: Dohnányi conducts Bruckner 4 (Classics and Film)
- Berg: Violin Concerto
- Bruckner: Symphony von Dohnanyi
Dohnányi conducts Brahms: An Australian Firs
- Lutoslawski: Funeral Music
- Berg: Seven Early Songs
- Brahms: Symphony No.2
Babe - Pig at the Symphony
A screening of the family favorite with Nigel Westlake's score played by the SSO.
April: 29, 30 (7pm performances)
Leningrad Symphony: Shostakovich
- P Stanhope: New work for cello and orchestra
- Tchaikovsky: Rococo Variations
- Shostakovich: Symphony No.7, Leningrad
- Die Schopfung: The Creation sung in German
Performance dates: May 2016: 5, 13, 14, 16 (7pm)
Lang Lang in Recital
- Tchaikovsky: The Seasons
- JS Bach: Italian Concerto
- Chopin: Scherzos
Performance dates: June 2016: 8, 10, 11
- Raskin: Laura
- Hermann: Psycho & Citizen Kane
- Korngold: The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Steiner: Casablanca
- Rozsa: Ben Hur
Performance dates: June 2016: 17, 18
Channel Crossings: Ravel and Vaughan Williams
- Bax: Tintagel
- Ravel: Piano Concerto in G
- Vaughan Williams: A London Symphony (Symphony No. 2)
Performance dates: June 2016: 24
Romantic Fantasies: Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto (Classic with Film)
- Shostavovich: Festive Overture
- Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto
- Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique
June 2016: 29
Jul 2016: 1, 2, 4 (7pm)
Mahler 4: Sounds of Heaven (Classics and Mixed Genre)
- Edwards: Frog and Star Cycle (Premiere)
- Mahler: Symphony No. 4
Performance dates: July 2016: 8, 11 (7pm)Raiders of the Lost Ark: Film with Live Orchestra (Classic with Film)
A screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark with John Williams’ score played by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
Performance dates: July 2016: 29, 30 (both 7pm performances)
The Rite of Spring - Primal (Classic with Film)
- Reich: The Desert Music
- Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring
The Firebird - Ravishing (Classics and Film)
- Sculthorpe: Sun Music I
- Szymanowski: Violin Concerto No.1
- Stravinsky: The Firebird – Ballet
Performance dates: August 2016: 10, 12, 13Pink Martini with the SSO (Classics and Mixed Genre)
Electric and exotic songs in jazz – classical style.
Performance dates: September 2016: 16, 17
Nelson Freire plays Shumann: Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony
- Beethoven: Coriolan Overture
- Schumann: Piano Concerto
- Rachmaninoff: Symphony No.2
Back to the Future: Film with Live Orchestra (Classics and Film)
A screening of Back to the Future with Alan Silvestri’s score played by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
Performance dates: October 2016: 7, 8 (both performances at 7pm)
Beethoven Heroic (Classics)
- Piano Concerto
- No.4, Symphony No. 3
Beethoven Pastoral (Classics)
- Piano Concerto No.3
- Symphony No.6
Beethoven Finale (Classics)
- Symphony No.2
- Symphony No.9 (choral)
Performance dates: October 2016: 26, 28, 29
Zukerman plays Tchaikovsky and Mozart (Classics)
- Tchaikovsky: Souvenir d’un lieu cher: Melodie Serenade melancoulique
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 in G, K216 (Strassburger)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.4
Performance dates: November 2016: 10, 11, 12Dedications: Dvorak's Cello Concerto (Classics and Mixed Genre)
- Lutoslawski: Sacher Variation for solo cello
- Lutoslawski: Symphony No.3
- Dvořák: Cello Concert in B Minor
- Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
November 2016: 11 (7pm performance)
December 2016: 1, 2, 3, (7pm performances)
ARIA Pre-theatre Sample Dinner Menu:
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines the finest of food and wine, knowledgeable and friendly service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining restaurants.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private cellar providing the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest and the world's finest wines, with an elegant space for a relaxing drink before dining.
- Freshly shucked Sydney Rock Oysters. Half dozen, with thai basil and Banyuls dressing
- Heirloom carrots with green lentils, sheep milk yoghurt and sherry vinegar
- Scallops roasted with kimchi puree, silken tofu, steamed eggplant and tapioca crisps
- Peking duck consomme with duck dumplings, shaved abalone and mushrooms
- Kurobuta pork belly with pork croquette and caramelized apple
- Quinoa crusted celeriac with grilled baby leeks, fried camembert, fregola and salsa verde
- Crisp skin Barramundi with fzucchini, lemon and pine nuts
- Roasted fillet of salmon with fennel, orange and watercress
- Roast lamb rump with garlic soubise, baby fennel and mint gel
- Grass fed scotch fillet with lyonnaise potatoes, green asparagus with a bone marrow and cornichon sauce
- Brandy snap mille feuille with caramelised bananas, hazelnuts and salted caramel sauce
- Black currant jelly with poached peaches, quinoa tuille and vanilla ice cream
- Valrhona "Caramelin" mousse with candied cumquats, gold leaf and pecans
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses
The guide was completely knowledgable and the back stage and inside your was absolutely wonderful. It was with a small group and felt private and personal.
Afterward the Aria Restaraunt was a fabulous way to begin a charming night of enjoying the arts as the symphony that followed was perfect!
The concert was great, as well as the tour and dinner.
This tour was fantastic and a must see for any visitors to Brisbane, The tour guide Bob was very knowledgeable and was happy to answer any question we asked him! A great action packed day!!
Tour of the opera house (symphony hall, etc.) was excellent, dinner was fine, and symphony concert outstanding. Would like a lower price.
We had a wonderful time very professional. Great meal. Tour very informative. Thank you will recommend
dinner was beautiful. but the sydney symphony orchestra was absolutely mind blowing.
we were just captivated, couldn't recommend the experience highly enough :)
very good amacing also nice viewing of the touring around the opra house plus enjoyed them playing there instrements plus i liked them talking about it.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. The Opera House tour was brilliant - our guide was clearly besotted with the place and passed his enthusiasm onto us. Our meal was very nice - quite small and ridiculously overpriced - must admit that I would never pay as much for any meal as a rule and as usual, the more you pay, the less you get ! - and the concert was very good. That it was in the Concert Hall was excellent as we thought that was a wonderful room.