- Full day private tour of the Blue Mountains, a UNESCO World Heritage site, shore excursion from Sydney
- Enjoy the beauty of the Blue Mountains away from the crowds with the insider knowledge of your local private guide
- Gain insight into the aboriginal culture of Australia at the Waradah Cultural Center
- Enjoy a stop in Leura, a charming village in the Blue Mountains, and have a 2-course restaurant lunch before checking out the town
- Travel in a luxurious Mercedes vehicle for a comfortable Blue Mountains drive
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy with guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
You’ll stop first at the beautiful cliff-top Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens, with an opportunity to understand Australia's unique landscapes. See ancient pines and some of the oldest flowering plants on earth, while relaxing with a light morning tea of hot drink and the traditional lamington cakes.
Continue to Grose Valley, and take in the breathtaking views of the massive sandstone escarpment and the famous blue tinge for which the area is named.
After stretching your legs, you’ll head to Echo Point and see the Three Sisters rock formation from an excellent vantage point. Then you’ll step over to the Waradah Aboriginal Culture Center for an aboriginal dance and didgeridoo performance followed by a talk about aboriginal culture.
Next you’ll drive a few minutes down the road to Leura, a lovely mountain town where you’ll enjoy a 2-course restaurant lunch. After a delicious meal you can opt to stroll around the downtown, checking out the art galleries, boutiques and coffee shops that contribute to the town’s charm.
Once you have taken in Leura, you’ll further explore Blue Mountains National Park, experiencing the tranquility of the exquisite surroundings that your knowledgeable guide shares with you. Listen to your guide’s tales of the region’s early explorers and aboriginal peoples, and learn to identify the plants and animals of the area. With flexibility built into the day, you’ll have plenty of chances to stop for short walks and photos ops.
At the end your day tour, you’ll be returned to to Sydney to meet your ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Sydney port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.