- Must-do one-hour walking tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at one of the world's most famous performing arts centers
- Enjoy an interactive audio-visual presentation
- Choose your time – tours depart every half-hour from 9am to 5pm
- Listen to illuminating commentary from your expert guide
- This popular shore excursion regularly sells out, so don’t miss it!
- Enjoy a three-tier tasting plate at the Opera Kitchen (if option selected)
What You Can Expect
The Sydney Opera House was destined for greatness ever since it opened in 1973, and today it is one of Australia's most recognizable icons. Your guide will bring to life the amazing stories behind this miracle of architecture and engineering on your one-hour tour.
Visit one of the opera house’s major concert halls, where more than 1,500 performances are staged each year, and immerse yourself in the dramatic world of Australia's premier performing arts center. Plus, at only one hour, the tour leaves you with plenty of time free to further explore Sydney on your own before your ship leaves.
Upgrade your tour and enjoy a gourmet tasting plate for two (if option selected), at the Opera Kitchen. The delicious three-tier tasting plate sample menu includes: sushi, prawns and plank roasted salmon, mini wagyu and chicken burgers, dumplings, spring rolls and crunchy fries. Relax on the lower concourse of Sydney Opera House while taking in the spectacular views and taste sumptuous treats from the award-winning chefs. Dine before or after your tour, the choice is yours!
Sydney Opera House is located within a 10-minute walk of the cruise port at Circular Quay so you determine the time you return to your ship. Please allow ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
We found it to be very interesting. The entire history of the Opera House is given. Each person in the tour has headphones that allows you to hear the tour director no matter how many people are in your your group. If you are planning a trip to Australia, the Opera House is a must see.