- Must-do one-hour walking tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at one of the world's most famous performing arts centers
- Enjoy an interactive audio-visual presentation
- Choose your time – tours depart every half-hour from 9am to 5pm
- Listen to illuminating commentary from your expert guide
- This popular shore excursion regularly sells out, so don’t miss it!
- Enjoy a three-tier tasting plate at the Opera Kitchen (if option selected)
What You Can Expect
As you stroll at a leisurely pace around the famous opera house complex, your guide shares the controversies that erupted during the construction process, which began in 1958. The venue opened formally in 1973, with Queen Elizabeth II in attendance.
Hear fascinating stories you explore one of the concert halls and access parts of the complex that are not regularly open to the public. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a rehearsal in progress or get the chance to walk onstage.
Book early to ensure a spot on this popular tour while your cruise ship is in port.
This truly was an a.axing tour. The Sydney Opera House truly is one of the many wonders in our world. The tour guide was so very knowledgeable and in addition arranged for us to sit in on a symphony orchestra rehearsal and a ballet rehearsal.
This tour is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
This tour was amazing!
We took an early AM tour of the Opera house, just before the big groups arrieved. There was almost no waiting time. Our group was pretty small and our tour guide very knowledgable and informativ.
When in Sydney, this tour is a must.
We found it to be very interesting. The entire history of the Opera House is given. Each person in the tour has headphones that allows you to hear the tour director no matter how many people are in your your group. If you are planning a trip to Australia, the Opera House is a must see.
The tour was excellent. The guide was very informative and explained everything well. Answered questions anyone had. Enjoyed the tour. |
Loved it. It was more than we expected. Interesting story about the construction and how long it took. Great tour guide. Overall experience A+