- Hop-on hop-off bus tour of Sydney and Bondi Beach
- Enjoy great views of Sydney's highlights from the open-top, double-decker bus
- Visit the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House among 34 convenient stops
- Dip your toes in the waters at Bondi Beach
- Learn about Sydney's sights and history from onboard pre-recorded commentary
- Sightsee at your own pace with your ticket that is valid for 24 or 48 hours
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Spend one day riding the double-decker buses to all of Sydney's top sights or one day on the beach. Or why not do both? Explore the city at your own pace, take a walk along the magnificent coastline at Bondi Beach or hop off at the Sydney Fish Market to grab some fish and chips.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSC00471Photo by: Husker1k
- Sydney Opera HousePhoto by: Kylie G
Australia, 07 2009
- street viewPhoto by: Hong Wei C
- Bondi BeachPhoto by: Jules
- sydney harbour bridgePhoto by: Jules
- Douglas Page Reserve, Dover ...Photo by: clovar
Australia, 10 2015
- Sydney Hop onPhoto by: Lucy
United Kingdom, 08 2015
- Bondi BeachPhoto by: Valerie Y
- Opera House SydneyPhoto by: wan syahman w
- HOHO busPhoto by: Patricia
- SydneyPhoto by: ANNE M
- Sydney Opera HousePhoto by: elzed
- hop on hop off sydneyPhoto by: SRIYATI A
- BondiPhoto by: irene_whennan
- Our Bus 12/03/2014Photo by: irene_whennan
- City view from Taronga ZooPhoto by: mrid2005
- Opera house !!Photo by: Bharat Shah
USA, 01 2014
- The overlookPhoto by: Maria T
- Bondi Beach stopPhoto by: Maria T
- The Queen Victoria BuildingPhoto by: Joseph G
What You Can Expect
Hop off the the bus to browse the stores in modern shopping areas or admire local institutions like the bustling Sydney Fish Market. Stretch your legs as you stroll around the Royal Botanic Gardens or take tree-shaded paths through Hyde Street Park. The choice of activities is yours!
Hop aboard the open-top, double-decker bus at any of the 34 stops around the city. Enjoy live commentary from your onboard guide as you sit back and relax on the full ride, which takes about 90 minutes. Hop off the bus to explore any given destination at your own pace.
The Sydney and Bondi tours connect at 100 William Street or Central Station stop. The bus departs every 15–20 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 or 48 hours from first use. Please check the current schedule for operating hours; the bus does not operate 24 hours per day. Families can save with the Family Pass, which is valid for 2 adults and up to 4 children.
Below is a partial list of stops on the Sydney and Bondi hop-on hop-off tour (find the full list on the Schedule tab).
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Harbor Bridge
- Darling Harbour
- Circular Quay
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Sydney SEA LIFE Aquarium
- The Rocks
- Sydney Town Hall
- Bondi Beach
This is a very complete ride, with 2 routes. We bought the 48 hour ticket, which allowed us the opportunity to take a complete circuit before deciding where to get off. There's lots to do and see in Sydney and we were happy to have taken this tour. I recommend buying harbour cruise tickets from the bus driver and taking a boat ride near the Opera House.
Good value for your money. Liked that it also went to Bondi Beach - would recommend people go there first as when its hot you maybe able to walk farther. But if you just want to swim then doesn't matter.
The red bus is a fantastic way to view a city and get your bearings. We purchased our tickets in advance, stepped out of our hotel and hopped on the bus to get a very informed view of Sydney. The next day we spent morning going back to areas we decided to explore in more detail. Whatever the city, we make it a point to check out Viator's options for the hop-on-hop-off bus. Not to be missed!
Driver/tour guide Jason was excellent. He is very knowledgeable,and made bonus changes to add to the tour per traffic constraints and time availability. This tour is highly recommended.
great service, friendly and experiencing Sydney from a different aspect!
The absolute best way to see Sydney and bondi. Loved it
We enjoyed this tour. We did the Sydney tour on one afternoon and the Bondi tour the following morning. They would have been too much to do on the same day. Both tours were worthwhile and comprehensive. We were provided with earphones which you could use on both trips. The commentary was good. Our only criticism was that although you can get a map showing where to catch the buses, the bus stops are not posted as stops for the tourist 'hop on/off' bus. We had to keep asking people if they knew if we were at the correct bus stop to catch it. Also, a local told us that unless we put out our hand, the bus might not stop.
A great way to visit Sydney city and Bondi beach!
Bob J United Kingdom
Great way to see the city n find where everything is AND to get to Bondi beach!
We used this as transport and to get acquainted with the area. The route is long and you get to see a lot of the city. There are also several stops that overlap the 2 routes which was a great help in getting around quickly.