- 5-hour cultural walking tour of Danshui with food tastings
- Experience local daily life in the historical city
- Explore the floating community and traditional market, and sample authentic local cuisine
- Visit Danshui Longshan Temple and Danshui Master Temple
- Learn about traditional architecture along Danshui Old Street
- See colonial buildings like Little White House and Fort San Domingo
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The market is packed with stalls selling amazing food, but make sure to save room for Danshui's famous ah gei – a stuffed tofu pocket with a sweet and spicy sauce!
What You Can Expect
Mark, our guide, was wonderful! He answered our questions and brought a multitude of resources to our tour - using his iPad, a map of Taiwan, and many other things to help explain the unique history of Danshui.
This tour is a bit off the beaten path but well worth it. Danshui -- or Tamshui as it is written most anywhere, including on the metro -- is a really nice are of Taipei with a lot of beautiful scenery, fascinating history and delicious food. Our tour guide Mark was very friendly, informed, and took really good care of us for the day. The "snack" that's included in the trip (described on this page as fish ball soup I believe) was very good but very filling, so make sure to save some room for it. Otherwise make sure to be wearing comfortable walking shoes, have your camera at the ready and be prepared to sample a lot of delicious treats! Looking back I wish that we had stayed in the area for the night so don't hesitate to tell Mark (or whoever your tour guide is) that you want to part ways in Danshui.