- Private day trip to Yehliu National Geopark and Jiufen from Taipei
- Explore unique rock formations at Yehliu National Geopark with a private guide
- See influences of Japanese culture in the former gold rush town of Jiufen
- Find tasty local treats and souvenirs along Jiufen’s Old Street
- Learn about the history of mining and movie making in Taiwan, such as the Oscar-winning film Spirited Away
- Enjoy a delicious seafood lunch at the harbor
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private, air-conditioned vehicle included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Be prepared to get 'spirited away' when you first set foot in downtown Jiufen! It's almost like walking inside of a storybook!
What You Can Expect
We had a really nice time with our private tour. Our guide was the same guide we had for another private tour so we had some time in advance to go over our itinerary with him. The only bad part of the day was the weather and that can't be controlled. It made things a little slower and we missed out on seeing some of the rock formations at Yehliu. At least our guide was prepared with umbrellas and ponchos! The guides choice for lunch was excellent. We were primarily a group of dietitians and our guide took us to a food market for lunch. He helped us find all different kinds of foods to try and offered suggestions for foods we might like. And the ice cream shop he took us to was excellent! The only thing I think would have made this better would have been more time in Juifen to look around and shop. Unfortunately that late in the day it was pretty packed with tourists so it was hard to look around. It was still fun, but I heard it is excellent at night so I think it would have been nice to stay a little later (I know that would turn this into a really long day and that may not be the best either). Overall, I definitely recommend this if you have some time while in Taipei.
Great day. The guides English was very good. He knew I was a photographer and went out of his way to find interesting sights for me to take pictures of. I got some great pictures. He was also very knowledgeable about the country and it's history.
Well worth the money.