- 2.5-hour art tour in Tallinn
- Explore Kadriorg Park, home to two branches of the Art Museum of Estonia
- See the 18th-century Kadriorg Palace, the former home of Russian royalty that now houses a beautiful art collection
- Admire Estonian art at Kumu, one of the largest art museums in northern Europe
- Learn about Estonia’s art history and the history of Kadriorg from your expert guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy:guaranteed on-time return to your ship
The 290-year-old park is considered by many to be the crown jewel of Tallinn. The park's main sight is, of course, the palace, an impressive building originally built as a summer home for Russian royalty. It was designated the principal site of the Art Museum of Estonia in 1920 but was later converted into the President of Estonia’s home and became only a branch of the art museum.
Walk around the peaceful park with your guide, who will tell you interesting facts about the history of Kadriorg. The palace which houses impressive foreign works of art by artists like Johannes Mikkel whose artwork dates back to 1907.
On your shore excursion next, head to Kumu, the Art Museum of Estonia’s main branch and one of the largest art museums in northern Europe. In contrast to the palace’s historical architecture, Kumu is a sleek, modern building, which opened in 2006 and was awarded the European Museum of the Year in 2008. Go inside with your guide to see its vast collection, which includes Estonian art dating back to the 18th century.
At the end of your tour, you’ll be taken back to Tallinn Port.
Please note: Kadriorg Palace will be closed for regeneration work until January 2013.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
Will we ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Tallinn Port for your ship's departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transport to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.