- 2-hour historical Segway tour of St Petersburg
- Coast along Tampa Bay, pass the St Petersburg Pier, and cruise by Victorian homes
- Visit numerous historic sites including where the world's first commercial plane took off from
- Learn about the history of the area’s former Tocobagan Indians, whose princess inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas
- Choice of several departure times throughout the day
- Small-group tour limited to seven people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Coast along Tampa Bay, pass beautiful Victorian-style houses, and learn why the city was once called the ‘City of Green Benches.’
As you glide through the downtown area behind your guide, learn about the culture and history of the Tocobaga Indians who once lived in the area. Hear how their mysterious spiritual burial mounds once covered the entire region, and discover a little-known fact about the tribe’s princess, who’s said to have inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas.
Visit the location where the world's first recorded commercial flight took off from and see pictures of the man who made history, as well as the plane he used for the groundbreaking flight. Continue down the beautiful St Petersburg Pier, where you’ll learn about its history and importance to the development of the area, and get an up-close view of the once-endangered brown pelicans bathing in the sun.
You’ll then return to North Straub Park to conclude your tour.
We had a fantastic time! The equipment ISegways) were in top shape, WE were given plenty of time to acclimate ourselves to their operation. And the routing and time taken during the tour were sufficient to really enjoy the ride... The tour itself was quite enjoyable in that there is a great deal of interesting history in downtown St. Petersburg, FL that is easily missed if not taken on foot or via this type of travel. Because of the ride, pace, and open air mode of transportation (plus we had perfect weather) it was an exceptional morning. At the end of the tour, we were given about 15-20 minutes to "play" with these machines in a nice open park area along the St. Pete waterfront. It was a good as it gets! Highly recommend this tour - certainly worth the reasonable fee for the entertainment value!!!
Very fun. Your guide will be knowledgeable and energetic. Fun times! It's not hard to learn how to use the segway.