- 2-hour historical Segway tour of St Petersburg
- Coast along Tampa Bay, pass the St Petersburg Pier, and cruise by Victorian homes
- Visit numerous historic sites including where the world's first commercial plane took off from
- Learn about the history of the area’s former Tocobagan Indians, whose princess inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas
- Choice of several departure times throughout the day
- Small-group tour limited to seven people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Coast along Tampa Bay, pass beautiful Victorian-style houses, and learn why the city was once called the ‘City of Green Benches.’
As you glide through the downtown area behind your guide, learn about the culture and history of the Tocobaga Indians who once lived in the area. Hear how their mysterious spiritual burial mounds once covered the entire region, and discover a little-known fact about the tribe’s princess, who’s said to have inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas.
Visit the location where the world's first recorded commercial flight took off from and see pictures of the man who made history, as well as the plane he used for the groundbreaking flight. Continue down the beautiful St Petersburg Pier, where you’ll learn about its history and importance to the development of the area, and get an up-close view of the once-endangered brown pelicans bathing in the sun.
You’ll then return to North Straub Park to conclude your tour.
The tour was great fun as well as informative. Doo does a great job and I highly recommend the tour. I wouldn't mind doing it again just to ride the Segway.
This is a wonderful tour. This is, in fact, the second time I have taken it. The segways are a lot of fun and not difficult to ride. Just takes a few minutes to get the hang of it. The star of the tour is Doo, our guide. She is well versed in everything St Pete. Her delivery is excellent and she keeps on informing us and pointing out important and/or oddities along the whole route. She plays suitable music. I really enjoyed her presentation.
Now I know where I would like to return to see the individual sights. In fact, we returned to the market for lunch after the tour and it was really good. A big Bravo to this tour.