- 2-hour historical Segway tour of St Petersburg
- Coast along Tampa Bay, pass the St Petersburg Pier, and cruise by Victorian homes
- Visit numerous historic sites including where the world's first commercial plane took off from
- Learn about the history of the area’s former Tocobagan Indians, whose princess inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas
- Choice of several departure times throughout the day
- Small-group tour limited to seven people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Coast along Tampa Bay, pass beautiful Victorian-style houses, and learn why the city was once called the ‘City of Green Benches.’
As you glide through the downtown area behind your guide, learn about the culture and history of the Tocobaga Indians who once lived in the area. Hear how their mysterious spiritual burial mounds once covered the entire region, and discover a little-known fact about the tribe’s princess, who’s said to have inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas.
Visit the location where the world's first recorded commercial flight took off from and see pictures of the man who made history, as well as the plane he used for the groundbreaking flight. Continue down the beautiful St Petersburg Pier, where you’ll learn about its history and importance to the development of the area, and get an up-close view of the once-endangered brown pelicans bathing in the sun.
You’ll then return to North Straub Park to conclude your tour.
A fantastic trip, Doo was a great guide as well as being a great instructor. She made it very easy to get used to the Segway and her fun and relaxed manner put you at your ease. There was only the two of us on this trip but that didn't reduce the tour and Doo still put everything into it. The tour was very informative and we also had the added bonus of seeing dolphins in the harbour. A great value, great fun tour which everyone should try.
Excellent. What a fun method of seeing the historical sites.