- Day trip to Noto and Marzamemi from Taormina, led by a local expert guide
- Explore downtown Noto and admire sights like the Cathedral of San Nicolò
- Pass the scenic Noto coast and stop at Villa Romana del Tellaro to see ancient mosaics
- Spend time at leisure in the fishing village of Marzamemi on the southeastern tip of Sicily
- Sightsee independently and look out for the Church of San Francesco di Paola and Mazamemi tonnara
What You Can Expect
Continue by coach along the Noto coast and stop at Villa Romana del Tellaro, a restored Roman villa that’s known for its excavations of ancient mosaics. After paying your entrance fee, head inside and gaze at the intricately designed floor mosaics that depict hunting scenes and Greek mythological tales. Then, return to your coach and continue traveling south.
The final stop of your day is in the sleepy fishing town of Marzamemi, one of the most southern towns in Sicily. Your visit here is spent as free time, so make the most of it by swimming, exploring or shopping for artisan crafts to take home. Perhaps take a stroll around the picturesque Old Town and admire sights like the Church of San Francesco di Paola as well as the tonnara – the town’s famous tuna production factory. Be sure to ask your guide for restaurant recommendations and enjoy a seafood lunch (own expense).
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time and travel back north to Taormina. Your tour finishes with a drop-off at the start point.