- Day trip to Noto and Marzamemi from Taormina, led by a local expert guide
- Explore downtown Noto and admire sights like the Cathedral of San Nicolò
- Pass the scenic Noto coast and stop at Villa Romana del Tellaro to see ancient mosaics
- Spend time at leisure in the fishing village of Marzamemi on the southeastern tip of Sicily
- Sightsee independently and look out for the Church of San Francesco di Paola and Marzamemi tonnara
What You Can Expect
Hop back aboard your coach and journey along the Noto coast, pausing at Villa Romana del Tellaro. Head inside the restored structure (own expense) and discover the stunning mosaics lining the floor, depicting hunting scenes and tales from Greek mythology.
Continue to the southernmost tip in Sicily, the fishing town of Marzamemi. Soak up some free time to explore at your leisure, checking out the Old Town or the tonnara – the town’s famous tuna production factory. You can also opt for a relaxing swim in the sea or purchase fresh, Sicilian seafood for lunch.
Your tour will conclude at the end of the day with transportation back to Taormina.
The Baroque buildings in Noto are very impressive.
Marzamemi is a delightful and not very touristy seaside town.
This was a very interesting trip. Noto was well worth a visit but too much of the information was in Italian and not much in English. The guide was knowledgeable about the history and architecture. We stood outside buildings and churches for a long time and I would have preferred to wander around inside. The mosaics at the Villa were wonderful as was the stop off at Marzamemi which is a non-touristy town where I walked around and had lunch. The coach driver did a great job in getting us back through the Sunday traffic. I will definitely do more trips with Viator. Many thanks