- 3-hour Segway tour of Taormina with a friendly local guide
- Explore Borgo Medievale, Taormina’s oldest neighborhood
- Stop in Piazza del Duomo to see its Baroque fountain and the imposing city hall
- Glide past San Domenico Palace Hotel and hear of its use an ancient monastery in bygone days
- Visit Villa Communcale and then pose for photos outside Taormina Teatro Greco
What You Can Expect
Stop for pictures in glamorous Piazza del Duomo, seeing the Baroque fountain that bears the city’s emblem– the Centauressa – and admiring the impressive city hall. Work your way toward the plush 5-star San Domenico hotel and hear of its use as an ancient monastery in bygone days.
Visit the black-and-white-paved Piazza IX Aprile to soak up the views of the Ionian Sea and Mount Etna, and then circle around to glide to Taormina’s main street, Corso Umberto. Villa Communale is nearby, so head inside to discover a lush city park with views as colorful as its flowers.
Make the most of the shade beneath the park's lofty Cypress trees while meandering around, and then head back out to the city streets. The city’s star attraction, Teatro Greco, lies ahead so have your camera ready to capture photos of this incredibly preserved Ancient Greek amphitheater. Hear about the gladiatorial games that the Romans once held here, and of the film festivals that the theater plays host to nowadays.
Leave the theater and then continue to Porta Catania. After a stop outside the Capuchin church, finish your tour back at the start point.