- Rotorua shore excursion from Tauranga
- Enjoy tastings of kiwifruit and visit the Okere Waterfalls
- See hot thermal springs, bubbling mud and the famous Pohutu Geyser
- Learn Maori traditions and watch the famous Haka dance at an authentic living Maori village
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
- CheesyPhoto by: Colin
United Kingdom, 04 2015
- The GeyserPhoto by: Colin
United Kingdom, 04 2015
- View of our Diamond PrincessPhoto by: shadania
- Seals SunningPhoto by: shadania
- Hector dolphinPhoto by: shadania
- More rock facesPhoto by: shadania
- Rock formationsPhoto by: shadania
- Artistic viewPhoto by: shadania
- I spotted a dolphin!Photo by: shadania
- Sailing shipPhoto by: shadania
- Wildlife SpottingPhoto by: shadania
- Diamond Princess in the ...Photo by: shadania
- Our friendly captain ...Photo by: shadania
- Akoroa Tour JettyPhoto by: shadania
- Black Cat cruiserPhoto by: shadania
- On board the Sea Princess as ...Photo by: MR J P F
What You Can Expect
Fantastic excursion.All the sights and scenery were impressive,but also driver Kevin,who is a living history book about the area.The Viator guarantee makes this top value and an easy way to save a lot of money compared to ship price for similar.
The scenery from Tauranga to Rotorua alone was worth the tour. The Maori village was a dramatic experience. Maori group was colorful and unexpectedly talented.
Graeme was exceptional and added personal local information to the tour.
Good trip really interesting and great driver/guide. Loved the fact that there was a guarantee to get me back to the ship on time.
Rainy weather caused the tour guide to change a little bit of our itinerary however, he was very accommodating and very well organized about making sure we saw as much as possible. We went to the working Maori village and had an excellent tour, as well as we managed to be there at the right time to see the geyser in the thermal village go off. I was thankful of all their organization to make sure we saw what we could and enjoyed ourselves. The place selected for us to get lunch was very good quality and in a nice location as well.
A wonderful tour to Rotorua - despite being an hour late off the ship due to docking issues. The bus picked us up right near the ship with very friendly and helpful staff guiding us to our bus. Our driver was funny and informative - and a very safe driver. Highly recommend this trip.
We had a wonderful tour with Shona, can't recommend it highly enough. Just the two of us on the tour so she used the total time to show us some extra spots. We had a wonderful day, thank you Shona. our booking experience was without fault. All went to plan, thank you a great experience.
We enormously enjoyed our Sea Princess tour around New Zealand late Oct. thru early Nov. 2014.
Being our first cruise, it took a few days to orient ourselves around the ship but soon got used to it aided by the supplied map of the ship. Particularly convenient was the "Ship-card" - which was all we needed to unlock our stateroom and to pay for everything necessary, including drinks, gifts and land excursions.
ALL staff were extremely helpful, friendly and courteous and the on-board entertainment, lectures and amenities were first class.
Particularly "dangerous" was the food, of which we cannot speak too highly - tempting ALL tastes.
My wife and I took a zillion pictures and videos (we are enthusiastic photographers) and have been busy, since our return, processing and arranging them - particularly the videos and panoramas for the enjoyment of out family and friends.
We are already planning another cruise for early next year.
John and Rosa Fowler
Bilambil Heights NSW 2486
PS - we'd be more than happy to submit photos/videos for your use.
We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this day and it's an experience that will stay with us forever,our tour guide went out of his way to make the day a memorable one
Very happy with the itinerary and the driver/guide was very good and knowlageble