- Whakarewarewa and Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland shore excursion from Tauranga
- Witness amazing geothermal activity at Wai-O-Tapu
- Admire the Champagne Pool’s vibrant colors
- Visit Whakarewarewa thermal village and enjoy a guided tour
- See Pohutu Geyser erupt
- Small group of 10 passengers
- Learn about Maori customs and traditions
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Choose from a range of easy walks, from 30 to 75 minutes, winding past hot springs and bubbling geysers. Admire pools of vibrant turquoise, green, gold and olive-green water, including the spectacular Champagne Pool, with its steaming and fizzing mineral-rich waters.
Keep a lookout for the daily eruption of the Lady Knox geyser, spurting hot water high into the sky from its conical white mound.
Your shore excursion continues to Whakarewarewa, New Zealand's only authentic living Maori village. Enjoy a guided tour of the living thermal village, and learn how nature's hot springs and steaming vents have been tamed over the centuries and used for cooking and bathing.
Learn about Maori customs and traditions on your guided tour, and see the amazing Pohutu Geyser explode into life. The world-famous 100-foot (30-meter) geyser erupts up to 20 times a day.
Relax on the return journey to your cruise ship at Mount Maunganui port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.