- Full day trip to the Red City of Petra to see ancient rock-carved architecture
- Includes return flights from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- Walk through the impressive Siq and see the Treasury building
- Visit Petra's theatre, tombs, facades and colonnaded street
- Return transport from Eilat to Petra by air-conditioned coach
- Enjoy traditional lunch
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Travelling in deluxe transportation via the Desert Highway your Petra Day Trip will head to the Hasan Prince Palace for stunning views of the Petra mountains. Remember to bring your camera! From here you will continue into Petra, where you will have 5-6 hours to take in the sights.
The entrance to the city itself is via a long, narrow gulley with impressive 220m (650ft) rock sides called the Siq. Emerging from here you’ll be greeted with the dramatic sight of the Treasury (El-Khazneh) – a majestic, red building, featured in several Hollywood films. While the purpose of the building remains a mystery, its sheer magnificence makes up for any gaps in its history. Standing over 40m tall and carved entirely of solid rock, this is one of the most elegant relics of the ancient world.
Visit Petra’s theatre, tombs, facades and colonnaded street before breaking for a well-deserved late lunch (included in price) at Nabatean’s Tent Rest. You'll have time to shop at the colorful Bedouin bazaars and stop to view Wadi Rum, the famous desert, before your drive back to Eilat (approximately 2.5 hours) to catch your Tel Aviv flight.