- City Sightseeing Santa Cruz de Tenerife hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour
- Create your own sightseeing itinerary to discover the capital of the Canary Islands
- Visit main sites including the Auditorio de Tenerife, Castillo de San Juan and the Parque Garcia Sanabria
- Learn about the area’s interesting history from the informative audio commentary
- Hop on and off at 11 stops around the city
- Ticket is valid for 24 hours after first use
What You Can Expect
Explore the city at your own pace and get off at any of the 11 stops around the city. See the Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Concepción, Santa Cruz's oldest church, with its remarkable bell tower, tiled roof and Islamic-style ceiling. Visit the Museo de la Naturaleza y El Hombre, before strolling along the waterfront to Castillo de San Juan, a 17th-century castle where slaves were traded in ancient times. Here, enjoy the breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Learn about the city’s interesting history from the onboard audio commentary, like the important role Santa Cruz de Tenerife plays in the communication between Africa, Europe and the Americas.
Admire the stunning architecture of the opera house, the Auditorio de Tenerife, designed by the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. Explore the 5-acre (2-hectare) estate with its ocean-facing front. Walk through the scenic Parque Garcia Sanabria, an urban park in the center of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the largest in the Canary Islands, with an area of 67 square miles (174 square kilometers).
You can hop on and off as many times as you like aboard these open-top double-decker buses. There are 11 stops in total, and the entire route takes approximately one hour. The bus departs every 25 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use.
For a full list of stops included on the tour, see the Itinerary section below.
- Plaza de España
- Mercado Nuestra Señora de África (Museo de la Naturaleza y El Hombre, Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Concepción)
- Puerto Crucero (harbor)
- Cuartel de Almeida (cruise harbor)
- Parque García Sanabria
- Rambla de Santa Cruz
- Plaza de Los Patos/ Viera y Clavijo
- Plaza Pedro Schwartz (Plaza Militar)/ Weyler
- Auditorio y Parque Marítimo César Manrique (Auditorio de Tenerife, Castillo de San Juán)
- El Corte Inglés
- Estación de Guaguas
A really good HOHO bus tour, all the important sights of a city tour and very close to the pier for cruisers.
The tour was great. On time and very informative. No hassles with the vouchers.
Viator was great because I made a mistake initially on the date, no problem! I called and it was fixed.
Great way to get an overview of the city. got off at a few stops and frequency of bus service was good
It was very good service. We had very good time and we did enjoy a lot so big thanks to viator and hop-on hop- off tour
Really enjoyed this tour, we went round once and then went round again and got off at the places we liked the look of.
Excellent ride--covered most of the city and was able to get a real feel for the background and culture of this beautiful city. It was a great price, as well.
Very good, very convenient for cruise terminal ..
Great ride around the city and easy to find pick up places at regular bus stops.
Stopped at the local market for lots of native interactions.
Nice on and off bus tour. Provides a good overview of the city, with an English commentary provided by recorded materials. Great value for the money if you don't want to pay Cruise Ship prices to see the same things.
The tour was a reasonable value for the money. Unfortunately, we did not have sufficient time to do much hopping on and off.