Book by October 15, 2014, to save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Day trip to the East Algarve including the towns of Almancil, Faro, Olhão and Tavira
- Visit the Church of St Lourenço in Almancil and admire its traditional blue-and-white wall tiles
- Explore Faro Old Town on a walking tour and see the stately looking Arc da Vila
- Enjoy free time in the fishing town of Olhão, known for its distinctive cube-shaped houses
- Pay a visit to Tavira Castle and pose for photos against its ramparts and ruins
- Make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service that covers the Algarve region
What You Can Expect
Continue to Faro, the Algarve’s capital, for a walking tour of its elegant Old Town. Amble around the charming cobblestone streets and see the Arc da Vila, a monument that was commissioned to mark the entrance to the Old Town after a devastating earthquake in 1755. After exploring the streets, enjoy some free time to sightsee independently or shop for souvenirs to take home.
Meet back up with your guide and travel to the nearby town of Olhão with its bustling fishing port and Moorish-esque neighborhoods and cube-shaped houses. Stretch your legs on a walk around with your guide, and then take a break for lunch at your own expense; your guide will have plenty of restaurant recommendations if you need them.
Your last stop of the day is the beautiful city of Tavira, a town often called the 'Venice of the Algarve' after its location that straddles the River Gilão. Steeped in history, Tavira is home to Roman bridges, Renaissance churches and historical monuments aplenty, but it’s Tavira Castle — a structure thought to date to Neolithic days — that is the town’s most intriguing sight. Pay your entrance fee and then head inside the site to explore the castle's ramparts and ruins.
Leave Tavira in the late afternoon and travel back to your Algarve hotel where your day trip finishes.