- Day trip to Seville in Spain from the Algarve, led by a friendly local guide
- Explore Seville on a walking tour and see top city attractions such as Seville Cathedral and Real Alcazar Palace
- Walk around Maria Luisa Park and visit Plaza de España to see its large courtyard fountain
- Visit Seville’s Santa Cruz neighborhood and learn about its Jewish history
- Enjoy ample free time to sightsee independently and shop
- Make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service that covers the Algarve region
What You Can Expect
Explore Maria Luisa Park, and hear how its centerpiece square and palace complex Plaza de España was created for the 1929 Ibero-American Exposition World’s Fair. Set in the middle of the park’s elaborate Moorish-style gardens, Plaza de España was built in a classic Renaissance Revival style, and is now home to several important Government buildings.
Head inside the main palace building to see its two towers and the impressive courtyard fountain, and then leave the park to explore the surrounding Seville neighborhoods. Wander around pretty Santa Cruz, admiring its cluster of whitewashed houses and lively tapas bars that spill onto the streets, and then stop for photos outside Seville Cathedral, one of the world’s largest Gothic cathedrals.
Walk around the outside of Real Alcazar Palace, home of King Juan Carlos, and admire its array of architectural styles that range from Moorish to Neoclassical. Your walking tour finishes after seeing the palace, where your guide will leave you to enjoy 3 hours of free time.
Sightsee independently, shop for souvenirs or relax over lunch in one of the city’s atmospheric tapas bars (own expense); how you enjoy your free time is up to you! Then, meet your guide at the prearranged time and travel back to your hotel in the Algarve where your day trip finishes.
This was an excellent introduction to this part of the country i had never seen. Seville is beautiful and the highlight was the spanish plaza. Absolutely stunning!! Thank you so much!!
Came from Lagos.. So a long drive! But certainly worth it. Savilla is stunning! The city is fantastic!!
There was only 3 hours to spend on your own in the city, after a walking tour with our guide and boat tour we had about an hour to ourselves for lunch and there was so much more to see and do.