- Wildlife-viewing cruise from John O’Groats
- Cruise through Pentland Firth
- Admire the dramatic scenery
- Look for puffins, seals, the occasional whale and more
- Indoor- and outdoor-viewing
What You Can Expect
The decks provide a superb platform from which to view the diverse wildlife of the Pentland Firth. If you prefer you can sit in the comfortable saloon and view through the many windows along the length of the vessel. It's a great way to enjoy the thrill of viewing Scottish Marine Wildlife in its natural environment. A great afternoon out for all the family.
The particular route for the cruise will depend on the prevailing tide and weather conditions, however the two main routes are:
- Cruise through the Pentland Firth past Duncansby Head lighthouse passing close to sheer 200-feet high cliffs teeming with sea-birds followed by a close-up view of the famous Stacks of Duncansby
- Cross the inner sound of the Pentland Firth for a close-up view of the uninhabited island of Stroma and colonies of Atlantic Grey Seals.
Birdlife will be seen on all cruises however some have distinct breeding cycles and after their particular nesting season will travel far out to sea. For example Puffins will be seen in large numbers in June and July but in much smaller numbers in August.
Excellent narrative from driver. He was well informed. Overall a pleasant day with plenty of interesting stops on the coach trip. Would recommend to 0thers.
This is an excellent, value for money cruise.The crew seemed to know all about what birds were flying about and also the island. We would recommend this to all