- 3-day sailing tour of the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef, from Shute Harbour
- Enjoy plenty of opportunities to snorkel, swim, hike and go sea kayaking
- Visit secluded beaches and bays typically only visited by your captain and the locals
- Learn from your expert captain about the marine life of the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef
- Choose to do as much or as little as you like with a customizable itinerary
- Enjoy large cabins with shared en-suites, gourmet meals, and all beverages including wine and beer
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people provides a more intimate traveling experience
What You Can Expect
During your cruise you get to decide on how to spend the next three days (see sample activities in Itinerary). Your captain provides insight about where to go, depending on the conditions and the interests of your group. Sail to scenic and uncrowded spots known by by your captain, and learn about the area's marine life and history as you go.
Delve into the incredible beauty of the underwater world when you snorkel and swim at pristine coral reefs. If you’d like to be on land, enjoy tropical bush walks on some of the Whitsunday Islands’ national parkland, and stop at Nara Inlet to see Aboriginal cave drawings. Your group has the freedom to choose the itinerary and schedule activities according to your interests.
Make your sailing tour as restful or active as you wish. Enjoy the amenities of your luxurious boat, sipping wine or beer as you catch the sun and tropical breeze. If you would like to learn to sail, the trip is designed to offer that opportunity. Your captain will instruct you on how to hoist sails, brush up on your navigation skills, and take the helm!
Gourmet meals, morning and afternoon tea, and drinks (such as Australian wine and beers) are included. Most meals can be enjoyed on the deck, but there is also an indoor area to lounge about. As for accommodations, there are five cabins on board with shared en-suites that include hotel-style linens and bath towels for your comfort. (See Pricing for details.)
After an incredible 3-day sail, return to Shute Harbour or Airlie Beach where your tour ends.
(Please note: This can be adjusted according to the interests of the group and the weather conditions.)
Day 1 (L, D)
- Free transfer between Airlie Beach, Proserpine Airport and Shute Harbour
- Sail to Blue Pearl Bay (Hayman Island) for swimming, snorkeling and other water sports
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch at Luncheon Bay (Hook Island)
- Visit Nara Inlet to see aboriginal cave paintings
- Take an evening swim under the stars in the warm waters of the Coral Sea
- Sail from Nara Inlet to Whitehaven Lookout
- Take a bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout (Whitsunday Beach)
- Visit Whitehaven Beach for swimming and snorkeling in paradise
- Sail from Whitehaven to Long Island, Daydream Island or Hamilton Island
- Play sports on the beach and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at a resort's pool and bar
- Tuck into a gourmet dinner back on board your yacht
Day 3 (B, L)
- Stroll to a picturesque lookout on the island
- Enjoy leisure time at the resort or enjoy water and sports activities
- Sail back to Shute Harbour