The Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a unique nature experience, which offers you an exciting day trip into the realm of the saltwater crocodile. You'll depart Airlie Beach by complimentary bus transfers and travel by open-air tractor-drawn wagon-train through Goorganga wetlands and see the land as Captain Cook saw it. Then, you will have the opportunity to spot an estuarine (saltwater) crocodile on the calm water adventure cruise. Have your camera ready!
- Spot some Saltwater crocodiles on a 2-hour Proserpine River cruise
- Travel on an open-air wagon and marvel at Australia's unique wildlife
- Experience traditional Australian "bush tucker", damper and billy tea. Prepared freshly onsite.
- Enjoy a delicious Aussie BBQ lunch
- Small group of maximum 30 people ensures an intimate and personal experience
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Informative and friendly guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Airlie Beach hotels
What You Can Expect
The Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a full day tour that incorporates a number of different activities to ensure you see the very best of the "wild Whitsundays". Included in the day is a calm-water river cruise along the Proserpine River sighting wild crocodiles and an array of other wildlife, an open-air wagon tour through wetlands, and a Queensland mudcrab capture and display.
The natural attractions of the Whitsundays region do not end at the reef and islands. Local estuaries and wetlands stretch inland from the coast to the Proserpine River, home to the estuarine crocodile, many species of native birds, mammals, reptiles and marine animals. Don't miss the chance to see crocodiles in the wild!
Further travel north or to the Northern Territory is no longer necessary to see a fantastic display of Australian wildlife at its best, the Whitsunday Crocodile Safari, Naturally Australia!
These guys really know their stuff! Although we got soaked to the skin, thanks to the weather, great day out. Good food and lots of information.
We had such a great day on the safari, we seen plenty of crocodiles so close and personal and in their natural habitat. The staff were very informative and had great knowledge of everything. The food was good and pick up and drop off was very convenient right at your hotel doors. Highly recommended.