- Two-day trip to Kyoto and Nara by rail from Tokyo
- View the stunning, snow-capped peak of Mt Fuji from the Shinkansen bullet train
- Take a sightseeing tour of Nara, including UNESCO World Heritage-listed Todaiji Temple and Kasuga Shrine, with a knowledgeable local guide
- Visit the Golden Pavilion Temple and Nijo Castle, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, plus the Imperial Palace on a morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto
- Admire 1,001 statues at Sanjusangendo Hall, and see Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple on an afternoon tour
- Keep an eye out for free-roaming deer at the Deer Park
- Enjoy lunch at the New Miyako Hotel and the Kyoto Handicraft Center (KHC)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
- High-tech meets ancient tradition as you zip about via bullet train to major landmarks of historic Japan. Get up close and personal with the friendly deer at Nara Park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Wonderful tour! Our guides were great. They helped to the bullet train and all along the way. The tours in Kyoto were very fun and we saw a lot of sights in a day and a half. Would definitely do again. Our hotel was very nice too!
Great tour which in effect was three mini tours bolted together - Nara afternoon tour, Kyoto morning tour and Kyoto afternoon tour. The transfer to Tokyo station for the Shinkansen was great and we were taken to the train and met immediately upon arrival. From there it was a short walk across the road to lunch before starting the tour.
Nara was great and the guide was both humorous and informative. The sights were saw were impressive and I liked the way we were given a leaflet at each venue giving some details and history of the locations.
The day two sights turned the wow factor up to 11. There was an element of feeling a bit rushed, but I suppose trying to see the most important sights of such a historical city in a day is always going to mean keeping moving. However, both the am and pm guides were very good and I left with a good understanding of what I was seeing, and cleverly, a desire to go back and see more!
My only real negative was that breakfast was not included in the overnight hotel. It was detailed on the information, but for the cost of the trip, and the requirement to be ready to be picked up quite early, this seemed like a mean omission.
Overall, a great, well organised trip, with excellent transport, guides and amazing sights. Thanks