- Two-day trip to Kyoto and Nara by rail from Tokyo
- View the stunning, snow-capped peak of Mt Fuji from the Shinkansen bullet train
- Take a sightseeing tour of Nara, including UNESCO World Heritage-listed Todaiji Temple and Kasuga Shrine, with a knowledgeable local guide
- Visit the Golden Pavilion Temple and Nijo Castle, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, plus the Imperial Palace on a morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto
- Admire 1,001 statues at Sanjusangendo Hall, and see Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple on an afternoon tour
- Keep an eye out for free-roaming deer at the Deer Park
- Enjoy lunch at the New Miyako Hotel and the Kyoto Handicraft Center (KHC)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
- High-tech meets ancient tradition as you zip about via bullet train to major landmarks of historic Japan. Get up close and personal with the friendly deer at Nara Park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Jose C Rodriguez
This was a great tour. The tour company used was very friendly, informative, and made you feel comfortable during the entire excursion. Guides are at each end of the train ride. They take you to the proper, platform, make sure you are on the correct train, train car, and seat. When you arrive someone is there to meet you, take you to your hotel, and get you to the correct tour buses. Each tour (Nara, Kyoto morning, and Kyoto afternoon) was informative and wonderful. Getting back to Tokyo included a cab ride from the train station direct to your Hotel. I highly recommend this trip as a quick introduction to Kyoto and Nara from Tokyo.
Wonderful tour! Our guides were great. They helped to the bullet train and all along the way. The tours in Kyoto were very fun and we saw a lot of sights in a day and a half. Would definitely do again. Our hotel was very nice too!