Book before November 29, 2013, and save up to 3% off the recommended retail price!
Combine a visit to Mt Fuji and Kyoto on this overnight rail tour by Bullet train. You'll visit Mt Fuji, ride the Bullet train to Kyoto and take a sightseeing tour of this important city, known as the cradle of Japan's cultural heritage. You'll then have the option of returning to Tokyo by Bullet train or staying on in Kyoto.
- Overnight rail tour from Tokyo to Mt Fuji and Kyoto by Bullet train
- Fuji visitor center and views from the fifth station
- Sightseeing Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt Komagatake aerial cableway with views over Hakone National Park
- Views of Mt Fuji from the Shinkansen Bullet train (weather permitting)
- Morning and afternoon sightseeing tours of Kyoto's cultural highlights: Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple
- Choice of tourist-class or first-class accommodation in Kyoto with private facilities
- One-way or return options: either return to Tokyo on Day 2 or stay on in Kyoto
- English-speaking guide
- Pick-up from selected Tokyo hotels
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins with a relaxing coach trip to Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. You'll also cruise Lake Ashi and ride the aerial cableway to the top of Mt Komagatake for superb views over Hakone National Park.
You'll then zoom your way to Kyoto aboard a high-speed Shinkansen Bullet train. On arriving Kyoto you will be transferred to your Kyoto hotel for the evening, with a choice of tourist-class or first-class hotels.
Next day, you can spend the day sightseeing and return to Tokyo by Bullet train in the evening, or stay on in Kyoto after your day of sightseeing. Highlights on the Kyoto day tour include the Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, you'll visit Sanjusangendo Temple with its 1,001 impressive images of Buddha, the vermilion-hued Heian Shinto shrine and Kiyomizu Buddhist temple, with its wooden veranda.
Day 1: Tokyo - Mt. Fuji - Hakone - Kyoto
Transfer by deluxe motorcoach to the foot of Mt. Fuji via the expressway. Drive halfway up Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain, and enjoy the spectacular views from 2,300 meters (7545 feet), followed by lunch at the Hotel Highland Resort.
After lunch, visit Hakone for a cruise on Lake Ashi (Pirate Boat) and ropeway ride at Owakudani Vallay, this is a very popular volcanic landscape. Board a Shinkansen train (bullet train) to the classical city of Kyoto.
Kyoto overnight accommodation - you can choose from the following Tourist or First Class hotels in Kyoto. Please specify at time of booking. Hotel is not guaranteed and is subject to availability.
Tourist Class hotels:
- New Miyako Hotel
- Kyoto Tokyu Hotel
- Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
First Class hotels:
- Kyoto Hotel Okura
- ANA Hotel Kyoto
When choosing your hotel you MUST also include the following information in the 'Special Requirements' box.
- Please advise if you require single, twin or double rooms.
- Please advise yuor pre and post accommodation.
Day 2: You can chose to either return to Tokyo or stay in Kyoto and enjoy more sightseeing. Please select your preferred option at time of booking.
Round Trip Course (SH2-R) - Kyoto to Tokyo (Day 2): Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, enjoy an afternoon sightseeing of the city, visiting Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple. Before returning to Tokyo by Shinkansen in the evening. Arriving at Tokyo Station around 9:40pm.
One Way Trip Course (SH2-O) - Kyoto (Day 2) Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Center enjoy an afternoon sightseeing of the city, visiting Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple. Drop-off service to hotel in Kyoto around 6:00pm.
- When "Fuji Visitor Center" is closed, or if the tour is behind the schedule due to traffic jam, "Fuji Visitor Center" may be skipped.
- When the driveway up to Mt.Fuji's 5th station is closed in winter and somedays in early spring due to heavy snow, or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic jam, you will go up the highest possible point.
- Although Hakone Ropeway or Pirate Boat may be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions, or for other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled or tour fee will not be refunded. In this case, you will enjoy one in case either of them is omitted or two on case both of them are omitted out of following alternatives: Nakamura Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone-en Aquarium, and Hakone shrine.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. If Mt.Fuji is not visible due to bad weather, no refund will apply.
For Day 2:
- At the "Nijo Castle", on every Tuesdays in Jan., Jul., Aug. & Dec., "Nijo Castle" is closed and you will visit "Ryoanji Temple" instead.
- At the Kyoto Imperial Palace, on every Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and some other days, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed and you will visit "Nishi Honganji" instead.
- To enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace, you are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality).
I had a GREAT time on this trip and felt like I got to do a lot and hear a lot I wouldn't have gotten had I tried to organize everything myself (which took a load off me). The tour guides were very friendly, knowledgeable, and entertaining. Great job!
Excellent tour guide.Marie our tour guide was very informative and energetic. We started with a bad weather at Mt Fuji but later it cleared out, we had an excenlent view of Mt. Fuji for our cable car. Kyoto also very ice , we really enjoyed all the heritage place in Kyoto.