- One-way or return options: either return to Tokyo on Day 3 or stay on in Kyoto
- Three-day rail tour from Tokyo to Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Nara by Bullet train
- Fuji visitor center and views from the fifth station
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Views of Mt Fuji from the Shinkansen Bullet train (weather permitting)
- Morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto's cultural highlights
- Afternoon sightseeing tour of Nara's traditional highlights
- Choice of tourist-class and first-class accommodation in Kyoto
- English-speaking guide
- Pick-up from selected Tokyo hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
Nara Deer ParkPhoto by: Brandon W
CIMG3882Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3874Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3848Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3822Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3800Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3791Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3777Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3748Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3742Photo by: Warren C
CIMG3719Photo by: Warren C
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins with a relaxing coach trip to Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. Cruise Lake Ashi, enjoy a ropeway ride over Owakudani Valley and zoom your way to Kyoto aboard a high-speed Shinkansen Bullet train.
Next day, you'll take a morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto's famous cultural sites, visiting the Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, you'll travel to Nara and its abundance of Unesco World Heritage Sites. You'll visit the Todaiji Temple housing a great image of Buddha, colorful Kasuga Shrine with 3,000 lanterns, and the Deer Park, where tame deer freely roam.
On the third day, you can either spend the day sightseeing at your leisure and return to Tokyo by Bullet train in the evening, or you can choose to stay on in Kyoto.
Transfer by deluxe motorcoach to the foot of Mt. Fuji via the expressway. Drive halfway up Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain, to enjoy the spectacular views from 2,300 meters (7545 feet), followed by lunch at the Hotel Highland Resort. After lunch, visit Hakone for a cruise on Lake Ashi (Pirate Boat) and ropeway ride at Owakudani Vallay, very popular volcanic landscape before boarding a Shinkansen train (bullet train) to the classical city of Kyoto.
Kyoto overnight accommodation - you can choose from the following Tourist or First Class hotels in Kyoto. Please specify at time of booking. Hotel is not guaranteed and is subject to availability.
Tourist Class hotels:
- New Miyako Hotel
- Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
First Class hotels:
- Kyoto Hotel Okura
- Hotel Monterey Kyoto
When choosing your hotel you MUST also include the following information in the 'Special Requirements' box.
- Please advise if you require single, twin or double rooms
- Please advise your pre and post accommodation
Day 2: Enjoy more sightseeing in Kyoto and Nara.
Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Nijo castle noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Center, proceed to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple housing a great image of Buddha, colorful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with 3,000 lanterns and Nara Park (Deer Park) where many tame deer are freely roaming.
After the sightseeing, drive back to your hotels in Kyoto .
Day 3: Please select your preferred option at time of booking.
Round Trip Course Kyoto to Tokyo (Day 3): Free at leisure until departure.
Return to Tokyo by Bullet train in the evening and arriving at Tokyo Station around 9:40pm.
Drop off service is available to hotels in Tokyo where the pick-up service is provided
One Way Trip Course Kyoto (Day 3) The tour finishes after you check out your hotel.
PLEASE NOTE:For Day 1:
- When "Fuji Visitor Center" is closed, or if the tour is behind the schedule due to traffic jam, "Fuji Visitor Center" may be skipped.
- When the driveway up to Mt.Fuji's 5th station is closed in winter and somedays in early spring due to heavy snow, or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic jam, you will go up the highest possible point.
- Although Hakone Ropeway or Pirate Boat may be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions, or for other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled or tour fee will not be refunded. In this case, you will enjoy one in case either of them is omitted or two on case both of them are omitted out of following alternatives: Nakamura Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone-en Aquarium, and Hakone shrine.
- Even if you go up to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji, is so happens that you cannot see the full view of Mt. Fuji due to the weather conditions. We shall never make any refund and also never cancel the tour operation for this reason.
- At the "Nijo Castle", on every Tuesdays in Jan., Jul., Aug. & Dec., "Nijo Castle" is closed and you will visit "Ryoanji Temple" instead.
- At the Kyoto Imperial Palace, on every Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and some other days, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed and you will visit "Nishi Honganji" instead.
- To enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace, you are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality).