- Full-day trip from Tokyo to Nikko National Park, the Toshogu Shrine and Edo Wonderland
- Learn about the venerable Toshogu Shrine from your knowledgable local guide
- See the famous carving of the three wise monkeys depicting ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’
- Take in the natural beauty of Nikko National Park and look for wild monkeys
- Step into the past with a visit to Edo Wonderland, a 17th-century theme park
- Watch performances of traditional Japanese theater as well as samurai and ninja demonstrations
- Rent ninja, samurai or geisha costumes to wear
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Other highlights include the Yomeimon Gate, the five-storied pagoda, and an ornate karomon gate (an architectural feature symbolizing authority). The entire complex is part of the Shrines and Temples of Nikko, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It lies within scenic Nikko National Park, known for its natural beauty and wild monkeys.
Bid farewell to your guide after your tour of Toshogu Shrine and continue on your own for lunch (own expense) in Nikko before taking Edo Wonderland's complimentary shuttle to the historical amusement park. Travel back in time to the Edo period (1603-1868) as you walk through Edo Wonderland’s streets, designed to resemble Tokyo in the 17th century. Pass by samurais, ninjas and geishas and join the fun by renting period costumes, or simply snap photos with the costumed actors. Six theaters feature performances of traditional Kabuki theater, ninja and samurai demonstrations, and shadow picture shows – a precursor to today’s popular Japanese anime.
After a couple of hours at Edo Wonderland, return to Tokyo by bus and train following the clear instructions provided to you.
Nikko has a very gorgeous shrine extremely rich in details. Edo Wonderland is fantastic. Overall great experience. Highly recommended.
THIS TOUR IS EXCELLENT! THE RAIN SPOILD A BIT INSIDE THE PARK BUT OVERALL WAS FANTASTIC!. ITS A EXPERIENCE SEEING THE GEISHA and PLAYING NINJA IN THIS PARK. IF YOU HAVE KIDS OF FAMILY TRAVELING IN JAPAN, THIS TOUR IS ONE I RECOMMEND. I'LL TELL YOU, IT MAKES YOU FEEL YOUR ARE IN THIS EDO ERA. THE TOUR TIME WAS PERFECT EXCEPT THE FEW RAIN THAT DROPPED WHEN WE ARRIVE IN THE AFTERNOON BUT IT WAS OK COZ IT WAS HOT and HUMID . TRAVELLER: BENJIE FROM SYDNEY AUSTRALIA