- Full-day tour to Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Mt Komagatake, and Hakone National Park, return by bullet train to Tokyo
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Fuji
- Cruise the waters of beautiful Lake Ashi in a boat
- Ride the Mt Komagatake Ropeway for sweeping views of Hakone National Park
- See the bright red shrine and panoramic views on a stroll at the top of Mt Komagatake
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the history and significance of the sights you visit
- Travel in comfort by deluxe coach and bullet train (Shinkansen) on Tokyo's most popular day tour
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Enjoy a hassle-free day of gorgeous views and iconic sights! With the upgrade, you get an authentic lunch with udon noodles, tempura and sashimi.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Hakone Komagatake RopewayPhoto by: ewibowo
- Mt Fuji and Lake AshiPhoto by: Anonymous
- Mt Fuji Day TripPhoto by: Anonymous
- Mount Fuji from the visitors ...Photo by: Garry W
- IMG_0955Photo by: Hovsep Y
- Mt. Fuji from visitor centerPhoto by: Gregory B
- Hakone Mt KomagatakePhoto by: Sarah B
Australia, 01 2010
- Fuji-sanPhoto by: David F
USA, 06 2009
- Us at the information centrePhoto by: Paul M
Australia, 02 2009
- View from the 4th stationPhoto by: Paul M
Australia, 02 2009
- Mt Fuji at Hakone Mt ...Photo by: Stephane S
Canada, 11 2008
- Mt Fuji at SunsetPhoto by: James C
- Lunch!Photo by: Ahmad A
- Lake near mount FujiPhoto by: Ahmad A
- Shrine2Photo by: Ahmad A
- ShrinePhoto by: Ahmad A
- Mt.FujiPhoto by: adam m
- Cloud Seas at Mt. Fuji 5th ...Photo by: Andrew
- Mount fujiPhoto by: Gery K
- Very foggy day - rewarded ...Photo by: Russell H
What You Can Expect
After seeing the Visitor Center, return to your coach and proceed to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station, located about halfway up the mountain at 7,545 feet (2,300m). Take in the shrines, torii gates and shops that sell souvenirs, along with views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). Soak in the invigorating atmosphere of 5th Station; you might even spot some climbers preparing for their adventure. Then have time for lunch. You can choose the upgrade that includes a Japanese-style lunch, or have the option to buy your own meal.
After having a bite to eat, drive to nearby Lake Ashi, located in Hakone National Park. Step aboard your boat for a short cruise across the lake. Admire the spectacular scenery of pristine waters surrounded by Mt Komagatake, Mt Fuji and other mountains.
Disembark from the boat and head to the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that takes you from the shores of Lake Ashi to the top of Mt Komagatake. Have time to walk around the mountain top and take in amazing views of Lake Ashi, the Owakudani volcanic valley and majestic Mt Fuji.
After visiting Hakone, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo, where your guide will tell you how to get back to your hotel.
This tour also offer a discounted option with pickup at Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku for direct transfer to Mt Fuji without stopping at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. This Shinjuku direct departure option allows you to spend more time at Mt Fuji. Please select
"Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" (Code: F800KP) at checkout for this option.
Please note: Views around Mt Fuji are always subject to weather conditions as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
This was a nice tour. The bus was roomy and the tour guide was knowledgeable. The day was beautiful and clear and we were able to see Mt. Fuji from a long way off.
While the tour is weather dependent, if you happen to go on a clear day you will not be disappointed. Mt. Fuji is one of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in the world.
Great tour with great views of the Japanese countryside. Great guide!
Great tour and guide. A fantastic day out
Fantastic. Hassle free
Interesting tour with excellent guides.
This tour is a VERY long day. Recommend you include the excellent lunch - well worth the extra!
Really worth it!
Mt Fuji is just stunning
Very good value
Great trip - guide was very good and everything explained well. Weather cleared for us to see the majestic Mt Fuji from several different places around the mountain. Would highly recommend.