- Explore Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Mt Komagatake and Hakone National Park and return by bullet train to Tokyo
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Fuji
- Cruise the waters of beautiful Lake Ashi in a boat
- Ride the Mt Komagatake Ropeway for sweeping views of Hakone National Park
- See the bright red shrine and panoramic views on a stroll at the top of Mt Komagatake
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the history and significance of the sights you visit
- Travel in comfort by deluxe coach and bullet train (Shinkansen) on Tokyo's most popular day tour
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Enjoy a hassle-free day of gorgeous views and iconic sights! With the upgrade, you get an authentic lunch with udon noodles, tempura and sashimi.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Hakone Komagatake RopewayPhoto by: ewibowo
- Mt Fuji and Lake AshiPhoto by: Anonymous
- Mt Fuji Day TripPhoto by: Anonymous
- Mount Fuji from the visitors ...Photo by: Garry W
- IMG_0955Photo by: Hovsep Y
- Mt. Fuji from visitor centerPhoto by: Gregory B
- Hakone Mt KomagatakePhoto by: Sarah B
Australia, 01 2010
- Fuji-sanPhoto by: David F
USA, 06 2009
- Us at the information centrePhoto by: Paul M
Australia, 02 2009
- View from the 4th stationPhoto by: Paul M
Australia, 02 2009
- Mt Fuji at Hakone Mt ...Photo by: Stephane S
Canada, 11 2008
- Fuji-San fading awayPhoto by: ginalee912
- View from KomagatakePhoto by: ginalee912
- Lake AshiPhoto by: ginalee912
- A perfect day for Fuji-San to ...Photo by: ginalee912
- IMG_2783Photo by: armando b
- IMG_2786Photo by: armando b
- Picture from Lake Ashi of Mt ...Photo by: Michael G
- Traditional Tea RoomsPhoto by: Susan
Australia, 04 2016
- View of Lake Ashi Mt FujiPhoto by: Susan
Australia, 04 2016
What You Can Expect
Upon your arrival at the Visitor Center, learn about Mt Fuji's history and geology from your guide and browse informational exhibits in the center. Head up to the observation deck for sweeping views of Mt Fuji (on a clear day). Then proceed by coach to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station.
Located at 7,545 feet (2,300m) about halfway up the mountain, the 5th Station offers another vantage point for Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). The 5th Station also features shrines, torii gates, souvenir shops, and perhaps a few climbers completing their preparations for their ascent.
Have time for lunch, enjoying a Japanese-style lunch if you have selected the lunch upgrade, or purchasing your own meal. Then drive to Lake Ashi, located nearby in Hakone National Park. Admire the pretty scenery as you take a short cruise across the lake, which is surrounded by mountains including Mt Fuji and Mt Komagatake.
Then journey to the top of Mt Komagatake on the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that lifts off from the shores of the lake and takes you up Mt Komagatake in an enclosed cabin with 360-degree views. When you reach the summit, enjoy time to take in views over Lake Ashi, the Owakudani volcanic valley and Mt Fuji. You can also take a short stroll along one of the walking trails at the mountain top.
After visiting several parts of Hakone National Park, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo Station. Your guide will assist you with directions for returning to your hotel when you arrive in Tokyo.
james f Australia
Unfortunately, we had bad weather but the organisation and conduct of the tour and the input of the tour guide was excellent. Recommended!
This is a great way to spend a day out-of Tokyo. Unfortunately it rained most of our day so we didn't get to see the top of Mt Fuji san due to low hanging clouds. The rest of the tour was enjoyable, especially the bullet train ride back.
We were lucky to have fine weather and open sky to enjoy this tour. Mt Fuji gave us excellent poses throughout. The Guide was like a homely friend. She almost had a complete class of Japan and its culture with knowledgeable anecdotes and historical facts. She was MARVELOUS.
We had a great day. The guide was awesome. Did a great job.
excellent tour, tour guide was no.1 , she explained everything in details. Loved the tour.
Excellent! Great guide, great experience.
OMG!!! This was the best tour ever!!! It started on time and it was great to have a bus ride to Mt Fuji. We were able to get to the 5th station with great weather!! Even tho the lake was cloudy, it was still beautiful. Then to highlight the trip, when i took the Shinkansen back to Tokyo, it was sooooo much fun! I would definitely recommend this to anyone in Japan.
Fantastic tour. Our tour guide was great and made the day fun. The only negative ting I have to say, is they don't give you enough time to do much...shopping, exploring etc. Over all was a great tour!
It was a great day trip, our guide Hary how he spelled his name was very informative and funny throughout the whole trip.