- Full day tour of Mt Fuji, Yamanakako Onsen (hot springs resort) and Gotemba Premium Outlets from Tokyo
- Travel to Mt Fuji’s 5th station and catch stunning views of the revered mountain
- Learn from your local guide about Mt Fuji's place in Japanese culture
- Relax at an onsen near Lake Yamanakako at the base of Mt Fuji
- Shop for name brands on sale at Gotemba Premium Outlets
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
- From the 5th station post office you can send postcards to your friends and family postmarked from one of Japan's most iconic locales.
- Look for the shop with the clever Mt Fuji-shaped cake, complete with a dusting of powdered sugar snow!
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Check out the incredible views from observation points around the area. As you stroll and snap photos, your expert guide will share stories of the revered mountain, which has inspired many poems, paintings and pilgrims over the centuries. More than 200,000 climbers each year begin their ascent from 5th station to the mountaintop, Japan’s highest peak at 12,389 feet (3,776 meters). As it can be chilly due to the elevation, be sure to bring a jacket.
Warm up at a nearby restaurant where you'll enjoy a barbecue lunch served on a plate made of stone from Mt Fuji’s slopes! After lunch, you’ll return to the base of the mountain where Lake Yamanakako glistens next to the village of Yamanakako. Here you’ll take a mini-retreat at the onsen at Beni Fuji no Yu. Relax in the outdoor hot pools set among lovely gardens with excellent views of the Mt Fuji. You can also explore the saunas, steam rooms, and waterfall showers on the grounds.
After refreshing yourself at the onsen, head to the nearby Gotemba Premium Outlets and enjoy 2 hours of shopping. With 210 shops and international brands like Dior, Ray-Ban and Yves Saint Laurent, you’ll have plenty of options for your browsing pleasure. Have time to stroll around the tasteful shopping center and catch yet another glimpse of Mt Fuji in the distance. At the end of the day, your coach will return you to the Shinjuku district of Tokyo.
The tour was well worth it, highly recommend this.
Mt Fuji sightseeing, relaxing spa "Experience" (I forgot what country I was in as I stepped out of the spa house) and to finish the day, 2hrs of OUTLET shopping!!!!! Extensive range of shops and brands and the deals are good - Prada and Burberry are my top picks.
Very good tour. Guide was insightful and very helpful. Just a pity that weather was no good and we couldn't go up to the 5th station.