- Full-day trip to Nikko National Park from Tokyo
- See the impressive wood carvings and ornate structures of Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Wander the Tamozawa Imperial Villa with an informative guide
- See the mystical Kirifuri Waterfall from an observation deck
- Enjoy a Japanese lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup included (selected hotels only), with drop-off at Shinjuku or Ginza stations
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Learn the origins of the proverb 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' on this day trip with stunning scenery and eye-catching shrines.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Mt Nantai from Lake ChuzenjiPhoto by: Robin H
Australia, 10 2008
- Toshogu ShrinePhoto by: Matthew D
- Mount NantaiPhoto by: Matthew D
- Mt. Nantai and Lake ChuzenjiPhoto by: jillo21
- Toshogu ShrinePhoto by: wazelle62
- Five story pagoda at NikkoPhoto by: Lisa B
- Imaginary ElephantsPhoto by: Steve R
- Nikko National ParkPhoto by: Odalys R
- Kirifuri FallsPhoto by: Odalys R
- Kirifuri FallsPhoto by: Odalys R
- Nikko Toshogu ShrinePhoto by: Panda
- Five Storied PagodaPhoto by: Panda
- Toshogu ShrinePhoto by: Kenneth J B
- Nikko Tamazawa Imperial VillaPhoto by: Kenneth J B
- Kirufuru Falls, Nikko ...Photo by: Kenneth J B
- ShrinePhoto by: Farooha
- Water FallPhoto by: Farooha
- Nikko National Park Day Trip ...Photo by: Asha & Brock
- Shogun TemplePhoto by: Ashok
- From inside the Summer House ...Photo by: Alicia H
What You Can Expect
This trip was taken in mid-winter, and even then, it was beautiful. It is a long drive to get there, running into traffic jams to get back to Tokyo, but well worth it. Lunch was so-so.
A most wonderful day trip and well organised. We enjoyed our experience very much and the lunch was amazing, a truly Japanese experience. We took the most awesome photos of the park, temples and lake and our guide was positive, friendly and clear in his explanations and organisation for the day. We would recommend this trip because it is so interesting to leave the city and drive out into the beautiful National Park where nature abounds. Loved It.
Anne, our guide was awesome. She kept us entertained the entire bus ride to Nikko. Nikko itself was a lot of fun and definitely worth doing. The shrine was fun to explore, though there were quite a few stairs to get to the memorial itself. Lunch was also a fun experience though there wasn't much time for souvenir shopping afterwards. During winter, the lake was extremely cold and we were happy getting back on the warm bus after 5 minutes! The waterfall was beautiful too. This was our favorite tour in Japan that we did and would recommend it to others. It was nice to get away from the busyness of Tokyo.
Long day in the tour bus, however, it is a definite must see!!! Nikko national park is beautiful even in the winter, the toshogu shrine is absolutely stunning, just make sure you are wearing socks for when you have to take your shoes off in some areas, It and #39;s freezing!
Such a wonderful experience! I would highly recommend the Nikko tour as you get to really see the beauty of Japanese culture. The scenery and temples were beautiful and breathtaking. Our tour guide, Take was very informative and kept us engaged throughout the tour and had a warm personality. We saw wild monkeys that even chased one of the ladies because she got too close while we visited the waterfall and that was one of the most memorable experiences we had.
great day - scenery is spectacular especially the lake. we will go back someday
I booked a tour to Nikko to get away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo, and it did not disappoint! Toshogu Shrine is a beautiful complex, followed by an excellent lunch, and even though it was very cold and windy, the visits to Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Waterfall were great!
the tour was well organized, the tour guide was very helpful and gave us all the needed information. the meal was very special and tasty.
Started off a little confusing at the pick up point / transfer bus station once the tour began though the guide and bus driver were excellent . Later in the day the rain spoiled what would have been a outstanding day . All in all a very good value with the staff that day .
Andreas R Germany
Very well organised tour! During the journey, our guide, who has spoken a very good English, gave us some generell info about Japan and Tokyo and our target Nikko. At Nikko, he gives us info during our visit at Toshogu Shrine via radio, after this, we had enough time for ourselves, for taken pictures etc. We also visited Kegon Falls, but not Lake Chuzenji. Instead of this, instead of this we made a stop at Tamozawa Imperial Villa. Thank You for a great day!