- Full-day guided sightseeing tour of Tokyo's highlights
- Visit important places of worship including Meiji Shinto Shrine and Asakusa Kannon Temple (Senso-ji)
- Stroll the grounds of the Imperial Palace East Garden
- Shop for souvenirs and snacks on Nakamise Shopping Street
- Get great harbor views on a 1-hour boat cruise around Tokyo Bay
- See hyper-modern shopping districts such as Ginza and Aqua City Odaiba
- Includes pickup at selected hotels, lunch, entrance fees, transport by coach, and professional guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You won't believe how much you'll see in less than nine hours! Learn about Tokyo's history and culture on this tour that has plenty of shopping and photo opportunities.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Traditional Japanese WeddingPhoto by: Anonymous
- Sato-San & MePhoto by: Martha W
USA, 04 2010
- Me & Yunko-sanPhoto by: Martha W
USA, 04 2010
- Nose & MePhoto by: Martha W
USA, 03 2010
- Meiji Shinto ShrinePhoto by: Tyrone P
Australia, 02 2008
- Imperial Palace East GardenPhoto by: Tyrone P
Australia, 02 2008
- Real life MonetPhoto by: ginalee912
- Two buddhas, no waitingPhoto by: ginalee912
- Just your basic ...Photo by: ginalee912
- View from Asakusa Kannon to ...Photo by: ginalee912
- Asakusa KannonPhoto by: ginalee912
- Swanky cruise on Tokyo bayPhoto by: ginalee912
- Lunchtime viewPhoto by: ginalee912
- Kua AinaPhoto by: Debralyn A
- From the Cruise ShipPhoto by: Shawn F
- Obaida Tokyo bay boat cruisePhoto by: Chris B
- Tokyo Bay CruisePhoto by: David R
- We saw a Shinto wedding going ...Photo by: liethuang
- Replica Statue of Liberty in ...Photo by: ANTHONY Y
- Spectacular Tokyo Bay ViewPhoto by: ANTHONY Y
What You Can Expect
Start your Tokyo excursion with a pickup from select hotels in the early morning, continuing on to the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal to meet up with the group and begin your tour. Head by bus to the Meiji Shrine, an key Shinto religious site that was dedicated to the Imperial Family in 1926. Walk among the serene gardens that surround the shrine as you listen to more details about its importance from your guide.
Head back to your bus, driving past the Japanese House of Parliament as you continue on to the Imperial Palace East Garden. This idyllic outdoor space, home to a traditional Japanese garden, tea pavilion, stone walls and a moat, is situated within the complex of an Edo-era castle.
Continue on food to Nakamise Shopping Street, a brightly-colored thoroughfare of food vendors and souvenir stores that leads to Asakusa Kannon Temple (Senso-ji), one of Japan’s most important Buddhist sites. Stay with your guide as you check out the elaborate gardens, architecture and shrines that surround the site.
Leave Asakusa Kannon Temple, heading by bus for the neon-tinged streets of Tokyo’s Ginza district, a premier shopping destination of department stores and movie theaters. From there, proceed to a Western-style lunch overlooking Hamarikyu Garden, a seaside garden from the Edo period, at Pastel-Tei Restaurant.
When you complete your lunch, board a nearby boat for a 1-hour excursion on the city’s Tokyo Bay. From the boat’s vantage point, you’ll have excellent views of the Tokyo skyline, along with the nearby Rainbow Bridge. Finish your cruise and spend some time checking out the shopping at the waterfront Aqua City Odaiba complex. You’re likely to spot nearby architectural highlights like the Telecom Center, Tokyo Big Sight and TC Building while you shop.
End your tour at Tokyo station, where you make your own way back to your hotel.
Please note: On Mondays, Fridays and other instances when the Imperial Palace East Garden isn't open, you will explore the Imperial Palace Plaza as an alternative.
Good way to get a glimpse of the city
This is a great way to spend a day in Tokyo. Leave the driving to them. Visited old historic sites along with modern day locations. Included lunch and a boat ride, what more could one ask for.
This, hands down, was the highlight of our trip. Our tour guide Tomoko was amazing! She was so helpful and cheerful during our tour. We learned and saw so much! If you only have time for one thing, pick this one!
This is a great way to see a lot of Tokyo in one day. We saw a wedding at the Meiji Shrine and the Asakusa Sanja Matsuri - it must have been my lucky day! Yoko was a great tour guide.
This tour was a last minute choice and I don't regret it at all. The tour guide was extremely knowledgable and friendly. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting the city and I also made friends from different countries.
Miata was a good tour guide.
This was a fantastic day tour that was action packed and interesting. The air conditioned coach was comfy and the guide was great! Highly recommend this tour!
Great tour, great itinerary great guide, with good English and very polite.
This tour was fantastic! The visits were well timed, and I felt we had a great experience at each venue. This is a perfect way to start out a Tokyo vacation. The lunch we were provided was delicious, and our guide Keiko was excellent! I would suggest this tour to anyone wanting to get a taste of what Tokyo has to offer.
We took four Viatot tours in Japan, and this was the best guide we had Mrs. Junko Informative, kind and with an spectacular English. The tour itself was nice with good visit to Meiji Srhine and Asakusa Temple, and a enjoyable cruise by the Bay. We finished the day with a visit to Acqua city shopping. Really we had a good time.