- 3-hour art and architecture walking tour in Tokyo
- Hear fascinating commentary on art, design and architecture from your guide, a Tokyo scholar
- Visit Meiji Shrine for a fine example of traditional Japanese architectural design
- Witness the subcultures of Harajuku
- View modern skyscrapers in Omotesando, including the buildings of Cartier, Prada and Dior
- See Mori Tower in the multi-use urban development of Roppongi Hills
- Enjoy personal attention on this small-group tour, limited to 6 people
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
We were lucky to meet Aurelia who was a knowledgeable and personable guide. It was like going for a walk with a friend who had done her research and more on the architecture and culture of Japan. We found out a lot about the symbolisms and the design concepts of the buildings. Aurelia started from the historical perspective at the Meiji temple in Harujuku and we learnt very quickly about the historical progression and architectural context. We proceeded to Omotesando and Roppongi. A Phd Scholar with a architectural background from Romania, Aurelia's acute perception and depth of knowledge of architecture was a plus and her personable skills made us feel like we were walking with friends. From an architectural perspective, this tour is highly recommended. My husband and I had a great time revisiting these buildings again in Tokyo from Australia. Make sure you have good walking shoes and architectural appreciation.
Our tour guide, Jay, was knowledgeable and passionate. He was forthcoming with information and the itinerary was very interesting. We enjoyed it immensely.