- Two-hour evening walking tour of Shinjuku entertainment district
- See the department stores catering to the latest trends and subculture fashion
- Walk through the candle-lit Hanazono Shrine
- Explore the small alleys and lanes of Golden Gai
- Hear the risqué stories of the Kabukicho red light district
- See the historic wooden shacks of Omoide Yokocho
Continue your walk to Golden Gai, a famous bar district on the east side of Shinjuku with more than 100 tiny shacks (formerly brothels), bars and clubs. Walk through the narrow alleys and passageways that have remained unchanged over time. Stroll along the neon-lit streets of Kabukicho, full of small bars and hostess clubs catering mainly to Japanese salary men. See the touts calling out for business and hear the risqué stories of what goes on behind closed doors!
Finish your tour at Omoide Yokocho, for a look back in time. This lane still has the old architecture of wooden shacks and is reminiscent of the 1940s when old Tokyo’s alleys hosted a world of black marketeers. Stop for a while and enjoy dinner or a few drinks at one of the many bars and restaurants.
Please note: Food and drinks are not included in the tour, your guide will suggest restaurant and bars and assist you with ordering.
Reviewed by Cid, February 2013
I was so pleased I did this tour. We got to see a nightlife off Tokyo's that we would not have seen or experienced on our own. You get to see and do a lot in two hours! Highly recommended.
Reviewed by Diane O, November 2012
Great walking tour taking us to places we would otherwise not have ventured to. Small group (4) which made the walk very personalised . Recommend.