- 3-hour tour of sumo training stable in Tokyo
- Visit the sumo stables with a knowledgeable local guide
- Keep an eye out for sumo wrestlers in training
- Learn about sumo traditions and culture
- Enjoy a hearty sumo-style hot pot lunch
- Receive personalized attention on this small-group tour, limited to 8 people
What You Can Expect
Interesting tour round the sumo stables, watching the wrestlers training and learning about the lifestyle
Very good tour by the tour leader Meg. Very informative and gave us an excellent overview of the background and history of Sumo wrestling. Enjoyed the lunch afterwards. I would recommend the tour. The only point to make is that a maximum of 2 hours amply covers the visit to gage stables.
Great experience to see sumo fighters up close during training. Sadly, our original sumo stable was not available so we visited another one.
We met at 9.30am at the train station and started walking. No briefing of the tour was given and when I asked, I was told the plan was to walk around the area and tried our luck to see if any stables would allow us in. So after 2 hours of walking around, no one would let us in. I felt embarrassed for our poor guide and all of us. We bumped into 4 sumo wrestlers resting outside their stable and took some pictures. That was all we got from this tour. There was a plaque outside a stable introducing the history of the stable but our guide can't read Japanese. The lunch was just a shabu-shabu style meal that you can get anywhere. A real waste of time. :(