- 3.5-hour beer walking tour of Old Toronto
- Enjoy visiting three classic Toronto pubs, including beer tasting at the Mill Street Brewery
- Learn from your local guide how beer played a role in the city's past
- Visit the famous St Lawrence Market to taste Toronto specialties
- Small-group size with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Take a walk through Old Toronto with your professional local guide and discover the history of Canadian beer, especially regional craft brews. Visit three historical pubs -- including the Mill Street Brewery -- each with its own unique character and great selection of beer. Then, visit the St Lawrence Market to sample some Canadian specialties, including Ontario wines and artisan mustard, before touring the Distillery District, an old industrial park and whiskey factory now converted into a hub of art, culture and cuisine.
Along the way, learn interesting facts and stories about the role beer has played through the decades in helping Toronto citizens cope with cholera, fire disasters, war, depression, rebellions, muddy streets and general Victorian stuffiness.
We enjoyed it very much. It was very interesting and even in the drizzle we had a great time with our guide.
This was great fun! Our excellent guide James led us on a walk around some of the sites in Toronto - making a link to beer and brewing at all of the stops. We also went to two bars, which we wouldn't have found by ourselves, where James talked us through the extensive beer menus, explained the different brewing methods used in the different types of beer, and made some recommendations on which to try. We were able to buy sampler size beers - which meant that we got to try more of the beers available!