- Private Malta sightseeing shore excursion
- See the best sights in Valletta and around the island
- Free time to shop or have lunch
- Private, English-speaking tour guide and private vehicle
- Visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens and Grandmaster’s Palace
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your tour will start with a drive to the town of Marsaxlokk, a typical Maltese fishing village with multi-colored fishing boats known as luzzus bobbing in the harbor.
Next, you will pass the picturesque rocky inlet of Wied iz-Zurrieq and enjoy views of the Blue Grotto and the tiny, rocky island of Filfla.
Continue your drive past Mosta Dome, one of the largest unsupported domes in Europe, famous for an outstanding event that took place in 1942.
You will then continue to Malta’s current capital city, Valletta, where you'll see the Grandmasters' Palace, former residence of Malta’s Grand Masters and today’s seat of Parliament.
You’ll then make your way to the Upper Barrakka Gardens, passing important buildings like the Auberge de Castille, home to the offices of the Prime Minister. At the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Valletta's highest vantage point, you will have ideal photo opportunities of Malta's beautiful Grand Harbor.
Before returning to your cruise ship, your tour will end with a drive around the impressive bastions protecting Valletta.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malta port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.