- Private Malta shore excursion to Valletta and Mdina
- Explore the two capitals of Malta - the old one Mdina, and the current one, Valletta
- Admire the most beautiful and historic buildings in Valletta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens
- Private, English-speaking tour guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Together with your guide, you will stroll through Mdina’s quaint winding streets, admiring its blend of medieval and Baroque architecture and the beautiful homes and palazzos still used by old Maltese noble families. Enjoy the view from the bastions of the ‘Silent City,’ and listen as your guide points out the Mdina Cathedral and the Museum of Natural History, housed in a palace once owned by Grand Master Manoel de Vilhena.
You’ll then leave Mdina and proceed to Valletta, Malta’s current capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you will go on another walking tour, starting with a visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Valletta's highest vantage point and an ideal place for photo opportunities of Malta's lovely Grand Harbor.
Continuing through Valletta, you will walk past various stately buildings such as the Auberge de Castille, which houses the office of the Prime Minister, and then arrive at St John's Co-Cathedral, the16th-century church built by the Knights of Malta. Revealing a staggering display of Baroque art, it houses some of Malta's finest treasures; two masterpieces by Caravaggio, The Beheading of St John the Baptist and St Jerome, hang in the oratory. At the end of the tour, you will be returned to the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malta port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.