- Visit the award-winning Britannia Mine Museum
- Explore the state-of-the-art museum with many exhibits, films and hands-on activities
- Take a ride on a mine train and go deep into an authentic mining tunnel
- Learn how to pan for gold and then keep your findings!
- Learn about the science and history of mining from knowledgeable tour guides
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Explore the numerous educational exhibits, films, displays and hands-on activities within the state-of-the-art museum. Then, just like miners did, climb aboard a mine train and rumble into a real mine tunnel. Your knowledgeable guide will transport you into the past; many of the guides actually worked at the mines before they closed in the 1970s!
Get a first-hand look at the history of mining as you discover the inner workings of the massive mill building, once the heartbeat of the Britannia community and today one of the last remaining gravity- fed mills in North America. After, learn how to mine gold at the gold-panning station and then take home the treasures you find!
excellent and fun my 2 year old had a blast playing around and my wife and I enjoyed it immensly would recomend for anyone