- 6-hour private tour from Vancouver to Britannia Mine, Shannon Falls and Brackendale Eagle Habitat
- Take an underground tour and pan for gold at the Britannia Mine Museum
- Be awed by Shannon Falls, one of British Columbia’s tallest waterfalls
- Enjoy lunch and watch for eagles overhead at the Brackendale Eagle Habitat on the Squamish River
- Admire views of Howe Sound out the window of your private vehicle as you travel north on the Sea to Sky Highway
What You Can Expect
Head north from Vancouver on Highway 99 — known affectionately as the Sea to Sky Highway for its prime location between the waters of Howe Sound and the coastal mountains — and travel for about 30 minutes to the town of Britannia Beach, a sleepy community that's home to the now-defunct Britannia Mine, an old copper mine that dates back to the late 1800s and is now a museum and National Historic Site.
Your 2-hour tour of the mine includes panning for gold and riding a mining car into the old mine. Learn about the history and importance of mining in British Columbia through the museum’s exhibits and underground tour, during which a museum guide will operate your mining car and provide commentary.
Back in your vehicle, make the approximate 10-minute journey to Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Columbia at 1,100 feet (335 meters). Walk through the forest to a lookout deck where you can admire the gushing waters that fall over the cliffs. (The walk to the lookout deck is about 10 minutes if you walk straight there; you can stop along the way whenever you want to take photos.)
After capturing the perfect photo of the falls, head to Brackendale Eagle Habitat, the third and final stop of your tour. A 15-minute drive north brings you to your destination on the Squamish River, where eagles go to catch salmon that are swimming upstream to spawn. Sit down to a two-course lunch of salad or soup to start, followed by a main course of wild salmon, BBQ chicken or half a rack of ribs, accompanied by veggies like asparagus, corn and potato salad (sample menu is subject to change). Coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic beverages are included.
When you’ve finished lunch, you’ll be returned to your pickup location in Vancouver.