- 2-hour food walking tour of Granville Island Public Market in Vancouver
- Enjoy 20 tastings of regional foods such as aged cheese, BC wine, truffle salami, doughnuts and a twist on the beloved Canadian poutine
- Learn stories and history about the diverse food vendors from your professional foodie guide
- Experience a piece of Vancouver life and receive inside tips about the market’s best spots
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a more personalized experience
- This tour has been named a Canadian Signature Experience by the Canadian Tourism Commission
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Melt-in-your-mouth donuts!Photo by: Jason K
- Nadia and my wifePhoto by: john.jones14
- Lee's DonutsPhoto by: taylor
- A full donut!Photo by: taylor
- Lee's DonutsPhoto by: taylor
- Cured Meat HeavenPhoto by: taylor
- Hot ChaiPhoto by: taylor
- CoffeePhoto by: taylor
- BreadsPhoto by: taylor
- Cheese and MeatsPhoto by: taylor
- Great guide!Photo by: taylor
- BC Spot PrawnsPhoto by: taylor
- Crab cakePhoto by: taylor
What You Can Expect
Follow your guide around the market’s 50+ food vendors, including greengrocers, specialty butchers, bakers, fishmongers, cheese specialists and dessert connoisseurs. Stop at various food stalls, and learn about the small eateries scattered throughout, serving fresh and delicious food made from ingredients found at the market. Enjoy 20 tastings of seasonal and regional goodies, from cheese to doughnuts to wine, and feel free to ask your guide any questions.
Hear stories about the local chefs who use the market to buy ingredients for their own restaurants, and learn about the backgrounds of some of the most popular vendors. As you eat your way through the market, you’ll gain an understanding of Vancouver’s food culture and enjoy a slice of local life. Your tour ends at the market, where you can stay on your own to keep exploring.
This tour is part of the Canadian Signature Experiences collection, a group of tourism businesses designated by the Canadian Tourism Commission as tours and activities that provide an authentic and distinctive Canadian travel experience.
Sample list of tastings (subject to change):
- Eggs Benny on a cheddar and chives biscuit or duck confit poutine
- Choice of BC red or white wine, or fresh-pressed juice
- Medium-roast coffee
- Walnut sourdough
- Pecan and fruit crisps
- Okanagan red wine prosciutto
- Rosette de Lyon sausage
- Campagne Parisienne
- Kazu copa prosciutto
- Elk and juniper salami
- Bison bresaola
- Black truffle salami
- Village Cheese Company 6-year-old cheddar
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks rathtrevor cheese
- Ambrosia or honey crisp apples
- Honey-dipped doughnut
Very fun way to experience Granville Island and learn more about the local vendors. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the area, food and gave us great recommendations for local restaurants. I really liked how the first tasty was hearty and then followed with great bites - we definitely didn't leave hungry, but weren't over-stuffed. Definitely recommend.
It was fabulous and very worth while. We LOVED it. The people were nice....food was great.....leader very knowledgeable .
This tour was worth every penny we spent to book it. We got a good look and had some great tastings during our tour. It enabled us to navigate back to the places we wanted to purchase items without any hassle. I would recommend this tour as one of the best for the money.
Nadia was just outstanding. Truly a world class chef herself, her insights and knowledge she shared with us will make us better cooks. Food was excellent. The donuts at the end were to die for. Would love to have her email address since we booked through Viator. She said it was oaky.
My wife and I finished our holiday in Canada with the Granville Market Food Tour. Nadia, our tour guide, was simply brilliant - an expert in her field, her knowledge on each vender/restaurant and breadth of general food understanding was very impressive. In terms of the tastings, you get a lot of them we were stuffed - and we have fairly formidable appetites. There were too many culinary highlights to list, but Lee's Doughnuts were life-changingly good.
A must for any foodie in Vancouver
An excellent way to experience the Graville Island Public Market. The tastings are well selected and sequenced to provide a complete eating experience of the best the market has to offer. Our guide/host was very personable, pleasantly enthusiastic, and most importantly knowledgeable about the food, the vendors, and the market. She managed our diverse group of fourteen effortlessly and was receptive to each person's questions and interest. An outstanding and enjoyable way to make the most of a visit to the market.
We brought our two young adult grandchildren with us on this tour and we had the best time. It was especially fun for our granddaughter who is GED intolerant. There was such a great variety of new things that she was like a kid in a candy store. After the wonderful tour with Nadia we spent several more hours there shopping and enjoying the ambience and took a variety of items mostly from the vendors we had been to in the morning back to our hotel for dinner. Thanks for such a great time!
Very well done. Worth putting high on your Vancouver to do list. Johanna was an excellent guide.
We love Manuela!!! She is lovely, considerate, knowledgeable, entertaining and provided great suggestions for restaurants in Vancouver. However, we feel that she should be allowed to taste some of the foods with us!
This was a great way to get acquainted with Granville Island, meet interesting people, and sample delicious local foods. Our tour guide, Emmanuella, was informative, engaging, and cheerful. We had a fun experience and will highly recommend it to friends.