While you're in port in Vancouver, spend a half-day in Vancouver's wonderful gardens on this private and personalized tour. Beauty, drama and history! This afternoon tour is ideal for the horticultural enthusiast or any admirer of natural beauty.
- Private Vancouver shore excursion of the gardens of Vancouver
- Experience China's beautiful gardens at the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- Walk around Chinatown and visit local medicine shops
- Visit Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver's horticultural gem
- Explore Van Dusen Botanical Garden, one of North America's top ten public gardens
- Learn about the botanical relationship and geographical origin of different plants, such as the Rhododendron Walk and Sino Himalayan Garden
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Begin your private Vancouver shore excursion with a stop at the beautiful Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden in Vancouver's Chinatown. The Chinese have a totally different perspective on what a garden should be and it must be seen to be understood. Take a short walk around Chinatown to see novelties such as the "World's Narrowest Building" and Chinese spice and medicine shops.
Leaving the downtown area, you travel to the highest point in the city, the spectacular Queen Elizabeth Park and its sunken gardens. Originally a rock quarry for the early development of downtown, it is now a spectacular garden and view point.
Finally, you'll enjoy the breathtaking Van Dusen Botanical Garden with an amazing array of what nature has to offer. This mature 55 acre (22 hectare) garden features displays of plants in picturesque landscape settings. Specific garden areas are planted to illustrate botanical relationships and geographical origins. Prime examples are the Rhododendron Walk and Sino Himalayan Garden.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking are required for this private Vancouver tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Vancouver for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.