- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Dolomite Mountains from Venice
- Stop in the village of Pieve di Cadore, birthplace of the Renaissance painter Titian
- Take a break at two beautiful mountain lakes: Lake Santa Caterina and Lake Misurina – the ‘Pearl of the Dolomites’
- Explore the mountain trails on a self-guided walk, if you wish
- Spend time at leisure in Cortina d’Ampezzo and peruse its elegant boutiques
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Top of the Dolomites.Photo by: Koby M
- Village at the base of the ...Photo by: Lis
- Dolomites 2Photo by: JOSEPH P
- The Ride to CortinaPhoto by: Stanton M
- Snow Capped Italian AlpsPhoto by: Stanton M
- dolomite mountainsPhoto by: Raya B
- Lago Ghedina, Cortina dAmpezzoPhoto by: Annie E
Canada, 05 2016
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: Misbah H
- Snow in the DolomitesPhoto by: Christine W
- down from the dolomitesPhoto by: Peggy T
- Lake with Dolomite Mtns / ...Photo by: Jacki L
United States of America, 05 2016
- Italian AlpsPhoto by: Danielle B
- Danielle and Kate embracing ...Photo by: Danielle B
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Ian_love03
- Lake Misurina Auronzo di ...Photo by: S G
- Pieve di CadorePhoto by: Christos P
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Dolomite AlpsPhoto by: Christos P
- Charming town near the ...Photo by: pbpost
What You Can Expect
Then hop back in the minivan and drive until you reach Lake Santa Caterina, where you'll be able to take some time to drink in the scenery. A little while later, arrive at Lake Misurina, or the 'Pearl of the Dolomites,' as it is sometimes called. The lake is especially picturesque with the Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the background, three distinctive peaks that tower in the distance and one of the most well-known mountain groups in the Alps. Drive toward the peaks and stop to get an amazing view.
Later, sit down at a local trattoria for a traditional Dolomite lunch (at own expense) and then take some free time to go on a stroll with your guide to learn about the geology, history, flora and fauna of the area. Or, if you'd rather rest your legs, continue relaxing at the restaurant. After departing from the area around Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the afternoon, head to the chic ski resort of Cortina d'Ampezzo, a spot where wealthy Italians ski and indulge in the posh ambience of the place.
Take some free time here to go shopping in the chic boutiques, enjoy a coffee and dessert at a cafe or just explore the town. Meet up with your driver-guide at the set time and begin your journey back, arriving in Venice in the early evening.
One of the highlights of our vacation, the Dolomites were beautiful and the guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The quiet towns were a nice break from the tourist filled cities.
The Dolomites is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The trip was fantastic. The guide, Justin, was knowledgeable, helpful, and engaging. My wife and I spent over two weeks all over Italy, and this tour was absolutely one of the highlights. I would strongly recommend it to anyone staying in Venice for more than a day or two.
Well done, a few surprises along the way in a good way. Very beautiful country side.
This tour was amazing!
Excellent guide Marco and a great all-round trip, stunning views - well worth the money.
This was a great tour to get out of the hussle and bussle of Venice and see some of the beautiful and different countryside of northern Italy. We met the group of 16 participants and were split into 2 groups and were transported by 9 seater vans which were very comfortable. Our driver Justin was the lead on this trip and was so froendly and gave lots of useful information. He made great photos stops along the way. The areas we visited were stunning, picture card beautiful. The lakes, mountains and small towns were just great to visit and inspired us to visit these areas for longer next time we are in Italy.
We would highly recommend this tour with Avventure Bellissime which we booked through Viatour. Viatour is a great way to find lots of activities when travelling overseas.
This tour was off the carts for excellence, professionalism and education. Don and don't hesitate when your in Venice and need a break from the water city!
Excellent tour with breathtaking views. Driver was knowledgeable and attentive to the needs of everyone. We had a small group of 6 passengers. Would absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants to explore beyond Venice.
Absolutely beautiful scenery and our driver was attentive and knowledgeable. Pick-up was on time and we were very comfortable in the car. There were regular stops and plenty of time to enjoy this lovely area. We would do it again.
An excellent day out, scenery was lovely, tour guide excellent company. Very nice break from the busy days in Vencie.