- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Dolomite Mountains from Venice
- Stop in the village of Pieve di Cadore, birthplace of the Renaissance painter Titian
- Take a break at two breathtakingly beautiful mountain lakes: Lake Santa Caterina and Lake Misurina – the ‘Pearl of the Dolomites’
- Explore the mountain trails on a self-guided walk, if you wish
- Spend time at leisure in Cortina d’Ampezzo and peruse its elegant boutiques
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Top of the Dolomites.Photo by: Koby M
- Village at the base of the ...Photo by: Lis
- Dolomites 2Photo by: JOSEPH P
- Snow in the DolomitesPhoto by: Christine W
- down from the dolomitesPhoto by: Peggy T
- Lake with Dolomite Mtns / ...Photo by: Jacki L
United States of America, 05 2016
- Italian AlpsPhoto by: Danielle B
- Danielle and Kate embracing ...Photo by: Danielle B
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Ian_love03
- Lake Misurina Auronzo di ...Photo by: S G
- Pieve di CadorePhoto by: Christos P
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Dolomite AlpsPhoto by: Christos P
- Charming town near the ...Photo by: pbpost
- Breathtaking!Photo by: Qi Xuan L
- Just like a postcardPhoto by: Qi Xuan L
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: digriseto418
- Top of the tour!Photo by: digriseto418
- Lago di Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Charles C
What You Can Expect
Then hop back in the minivan and drive until you reach Lake Santa Caterina, where you'll be able to take some time to drink in the scenery. A little while later, arrive at Lake Misurina, or the 'Pearl of the Dolomites,' as it is sometimes called. The lake is especially picturesque with the Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the background, three distinctive peaks that tower in the distance and one of the most well-known mountain groups in the Alps. Drive toward the peaks and stop to get an amazing view.
Later, sit down at a local trattoria for a traditional Dolomite lunch (at own expense) and then take some free time to go on a stroll with your guide to learn about the geology, history, flora and fauna of the area. Or, if you'd rather rest your legs, continue relaxing at the restaurant. After departing from the area around Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the afternoon, head to the chic ski resort of Cortina d'Ampezzo, a spot where wealthy Italians ski and indulge in the posh ambience of the place.
Take some free time here to go shopping in the chic boutiques, enjoy a coffee and dessert at a cafe or just explore the town. Meet up with your driver-guide at the set time and begin your journey back, arriving in Venice in the early evening.
the best....Loved this small tour van tour. highly recommend this tour...thank you
Fabulous tour, would do it again!!! Our tour guide Philipo was great, he took good care of us.
WOW was amazing!!! The views are just breathtaking. Justin our tour guide was fantastic! New all the good spots to stop for making good pictures he made the day. Having a great bunch of people on our bus was an added bonus. Was well and truly one on the best days of our holiday.
Our guide and driver on this excursion contributed greatly to the overall enjoyment of the day. Also, the Dolomites do not disappoint!
We had a wonderful day in the Dolomites. Justin did a great job sharing his love and knowledge of the mountains. The food was very good at all the places Justin recommended. Despite a cloudy day, Justin was able to find lots of photo ops. The small group was a lot of fun!
Justin was such a great tour guide and driver!! He took a lot of extra stops and help us take a lot of great photos!! This is one of my favorite parts of my trip to Italy!! A must!!!
This tour I would recommend. It was a great day tour with a small group. The scenery was spectacular. Our guide Jason made many stops for pictures. We had a great stop for lunch.
I spent a very enjoyable, interesting day. Excellent guide. Comfortable conveyance.
would recommend the day for anyone who wishes to have a comprehensive, however fleeting glimpse of a stunningly beautiful part of the world.
Viator had made an error as to the date of my booking. they retrieved the situation with great cooperation and graciousness, this attitude added to the pleasure I experienced.
Jacki L United States of ...
What a gorgeous day! Our tour guide, Marco, was great--informative, friendly and relaxed. This tour consists of a drive from Venice to the Dolomite Mtns, with several stops for photos along the way stops approx every 30-45 mins. The scenery at each stop gets prettier and prettier--it really is as gorgeous as the photos, and even prettier in person. Highly recommend this tour if you're looking for beautiful photo ops and enjoy exploring new areas. You get really close to Austria it's only 45 mins north so the buildings have a really unique look--it's almost like you're actually in Austria. It's incredible to see such stunning mountain and lake views right in front of you.
We stopped for lunch at a pizzeria by a lake, and then stopped in a small town for a bit of shopping even though most stores didn't open until mid-afternoon, it was fun to wander. And then the drive back to Venice is about 2 hrs.
Beautiful auto tour very little walking. This just gives you a taste of the Dolomites which I would love to hike now that I've seen them! The little towns we stopped in were very quaint although much is closed since it was an off season. We had great weather and our guide spoke very good English.