- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Dolomite Mountains from Venice
- Stop in the village of Pieve di Cadore, birthplace of the Renaissance painter Titian
- Take a break at two breathtakingly beautiful mountain lakes: Lake Santa Caterina and Lake Misurina – the ‘Pearl of the Dolomites’
- Explore the mountain trails on a self-guided walk, if you wish
- Spend time at leisure in Cortina d’Ampezzo and peruse its elegant boutiques
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Top of the Dolomites.Photo by: Koby M
- Village at the base of the ...Photo by: Lis
- Dolomites 2Photo by: JOSEPH P
- Italian AlpsPhoto by: Danielle B
- Danielle and Kate embracing ...Photo by: Danielle B
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Ian_love03
- Lake Misurina Auronzo di ...Photo by: S G
- Pieve di CadorePhoto by: Christos P
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Dolomite AlpsPhoto by: Christos P
- Charming town near the ...Photo by: pbpost
- Breathtaking!Photo by: Qi Xuan L
- Just like a postcardPhoto by: Qi Xuan L
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: digriseto418
- Top of the tour!Photo by: digriseto418
- Lago di Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Charles C
- DolomitesPhoto by: Crystal N
- Lake ViewPhoto by: Aban B
- Misurina LakePhoto by: Maria Antonia S
What You Can Expect
Then hop back in the minivan and drive until you reach Lake Santa Caterina, where you'll be able to take some time to drink in the scenery. A little while later, arrive at Lake Misurina, or the 'Pearl of the Dolomites,' as it is sometimes called. The lake is especially picturesque with the Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the background, three distinctive peaks that tower in the distance and one of the most well-known mountain groups in the Alps. Drive toward the peaks and stop to get an amazing view.
Later, sit down at a local trattoria for a traditional Dolomite lunch (at own expense) and then take some free time to go on a stroll with your guide to learn about the geology, history, flora and fauna of the area. Or, if you'd rather rest your legs, continue relaxing at the restaurant. After departing from the area around Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the afternoon, head to the chic ski resort of Cortina d'Ampezzo, a spot where wealthy Italians ski and indulge in the posh ambience of the place.
Take some free time here to go shopping in the chic boutiques, enjoy a coffee and dessert at a cafe or just explore the town. Meet up with your driver-guide at the set time and begin your journey back, arriving in Venice in the early evening.
Justin was our guide for this small group tour and I can honestly say he was the reason he made this day so great! Right from the get go Justin was super welcoming and you can tell he wanted us to enjoy our trip. With his knowledge and his initiative, he was able to ensure we got the best photos, saw amazing views of the mountains - this being very difficult as the weather wasn't at its best but he timed it perfectly. When we stopped off at the little towns we passed through he was really helpful telling us the best things to go to in our free time or where to get a coffee and something to eat. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone especially if you love mountains! Thanks again Justin for the great day!
Beautiful day! Our guide, Giovanni, was there to greet us at the meet location. He described in detail how our day would go and what we would see. All during the trip he explained everything. All of our little stops were well timed and at excellent locations. It was a small group of only 6 which allowed for friendly conversation. I HIGHLY recommend this trip.
1 word: Brilliant. OK, I have to do more really. Our guide, Massimo, was so informative, telling us about all the places, with so many stops for pictures as well. Also let us in on some of the people he'd transferred in his mini bus. The tour itinerary was changed due the weather and it worked out so well. If you are looking for a day out from Venice with stunning views, do this!
We had a lovely time. Our guide, Daniel, was very knowledgeable, as well as personable and fun. He was also an excellent driver.
Great day. Marco, the driver, was excellent. Well worth doing.
Very nice guide. Stopped all over for pictures. Beautiful lakes and mountains were stunning
It was a fun trip. The guide/driver, Justin, was exceptional. He spoke very good English for me to understand and he was having fun as much as we were throughout the entire trip. The stops were well spaced and selected including the excellent lunch stop. We cannot thank him enough for such a great experiences. He happened to have another gentlemen along the trip, Carlos, who was also excellent as well as gentlemanly. Thank you everybody.
This tour was one of the highlights of my holiday...Marco our tour guide was fabulous from start to finish and being a small group tour there were only 8 f us so plenty of time to get to know you and I met some fantastic new friends...the tour certainly delivers on high spots with loads of fantastic photo opportunities lunch was fabulous and the home made grappa, the icing on the cake..a thoroughly enjoyable day
It was such an amazing trip! Will definitely recommend it to everyone. Justin, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and most importantly, a safe driver! He made sure that everyone was comfortable. He sure knows the mountain and the spots to take great pictures. He even brought us to a place where we can have a snow fight! Make sure you do this trip when you come to Venice. It is a wonderful and unforgettable experience for me and my friend!