Numbers are limited to 8 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see the best of the Dolomites with personalized attention from your driver-guide.
- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Dolomite Mountains from Venice
- Stop in the village of Pieve di Cadore, birthplace of the Renaissance painter Titian
- Take a break at two breathtakingly beautiful mountain lakes: Lake Santa Caterina and Lake Misurina – the ‘Pearl of the Dolomites’
- Explore the mountain trails on a self-guided walk, if you wish
- Spend time at leisure in Cortina d’Ampezzo and peruse its elegant boutiques
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Top of the Dolomites.Photo by: Koby M
- Village at the base of the ...Photo by: Lis
- Dolomites 2Photo by: JOSEPH P
- Pieve di CadorePhoto by: Christos P
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Lake Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Christos P
- Dolomite AlpsPhoto by: Christos P
- Charming town near the ...Photo by: pbpost
- Breathtaking!Photo by: Qi Xuan L
- Just like a postcardPhoto by: Qi Xuan L
- Lake MisurinaPhoto by: digriseto418
- Top of the tour!Photo by: digriseto418
- Lago di Santa CaterinaPhoto by: Charles C
- DolomitesPhoto by: Crystal N
- Lake ViewPhoto by: Aban B
- Misurina LakePhoto by: Maria Antonia S
- Dam in Auronzo di CadorePhoto by: Maria Antonia S
- Dam in Auronzo di CadorePhoto by: Maria Antonia S
- Dolomite Mountains view from ...Photo by: Maria Antonia S
- Dolomites Mountains - 3 peaksPhoto by: Maria Antonia S
What You Can Expect
Stretch your legs on a quick stroll, admiring the lakeside scenery, and then continue by coach to Lake Misurina -- known as the ‘Pearl of the Dolomites.’ Have your camera poised, ready to capture breathtaking shots of the lake against the backdrop of Tre Cime di Lavaredo – the Dolomite’s three distinctive peaks. Travel toward the peaks by coach, stopping at a vantage point to soak up the serene mountain views.
Rest at a local trattoria for lunch (own expense), and then choose to either take a walk or stay at the restaurant and relax. If you opt to do the walk, follow your guide's explanations and walk along one of the gentler mountain trails to see more of the area’s sublime scenery, as well as its mountain flora and fauna.
Leave the foothills of Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the afternoon and travel by coach to the swanky ski resort of Cortina d'Ampezzo, where affluent Italians go not just to ski, but to see and be seen. Stop for photos at a panoramic viewpoint and drink in views of the bustling town encircled by towering mountains.
Enjoy free time in Cortina to do as little or as much as you want. Perhaps browse its elegant boutiques, or visit one of the street-side cafés for a coffee (own expense). Meet your driver-guide back at the pre-arranged time, and return to Venice, passing the peaks of the Dolomite bathed in the late-afternoon sun. Your tour finishes at the start point in the early evening.
One of the most unforgettable trips ever made!!! Highly recommended!
This was a spectacular tour!
There isnt a lot of walking in this one, so dont be frightened. Also bring a jacket, it may be warm in Venice, but youre going into the mountains.
Lets start at the beginning. When you arrive at the train station from the water bus, start to look for the tour guide with the sign, he might be late, so dont worry. He was about 5 minutes late for my tour and we started to get nervous. You will then get into a 10 person van where you will drive into the mountains. The tour is really great because you get to stop in several small towns, enjoy the local gelato and see the sites. The tour does include a stop for lunch at a lake front restaurant with lake front seating. It was nearly freezing when we arrived September but we werent going to pass up an opportunity to eat lake side.
All in all, the sites were spectacular, there wasnt a lot of walking, the food was great, the small towns that we stopped at were welcoming and had lots to offer, and our driver spoke great english.
Beautiful tour! Guide was well informed and answered many questions. Highly recommend.
We had an amazing day trip to the Dolomite Mountains. Our tour guides were so wonderful and friendly. Great value for money and very much worth doing!
We had a wonderful 8 hour tour to the Dolomite Mts. Only 7 of us in comfortable minivan with Marco, our great driver. We saw the first snow of the season October and the magnificent jagged mountain ranges with their first dusting of snow. Frequent photo stops and lots of information from Marco. Excellent lunch at Lake Misurina, with views across the lake. A great day, I would thoroughly recommend this trip.
This is certainly worth doing if you have the time while in Venice. The countryside is beautiful and the mountains were stunning. It was a nice break from the canals and narrow walkways of Venice. I definitely would do this again.
Really terrific. The scenario was fabulous. The guide was helpful and the driving was very good too.
Worth every dollar and definitely the highlight of my trip. Justin was an amazing guide, extremely knowledgable, fun and patient. I was with a small group and hence, had the opportunity to make many stops. The weather was lovely in fall as the trees were changing colours, and every stop we made was spectacular. The Dolomites is breathtaking, from bottom to top. I had such a good time with the other guests in my group and an unforgettable time.
We had a great day! Our guide Daniel was excellent. The views along the way were magnificent. Its a very comfortable journey in a lovely SUV. The view from the top was breathtaking.
Natural beauty trumps man made things everytime for us. We had been to venice a number of times and decided to head to the mountains. Spectacular views combined with personable, professional service made for a memorable day.