- 1-hour evening wine tasting inside a Venice enoteca
- Sample four different types of Veneto wine with a knowledgeable sommelier
- Enjoy traditional Venetian cicchetti to complement the wine
- Try popular varietals such as prosecco, ribolla gialla, refosco and ripasso
- Learn all about the Veneto winemaking region and characteristics of the wine
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is the perfect pre-dinner experience to try a great selection of Venetian wines! Remember, if they offer you Chianti wine, it will always be red!
What You Can Expect
Protected from the harsher climate of northern Europe by the Alps, the Veneto region is known for producing easy-to-drink reds and light, fresh whites. Hear of well-known Veneto wine such as Soave, and sample popular varietals including prosecco, the sparkling white wine that’s loved all over the world. Try the dry white ribolla gialla, and compare the flavors of the rich, warm refosco red with the full-bodied tones of a ripasso, a red made from partially dried grape skins.
Alongside the wine, enjoy some cicchetti, the small delicacies that are considered a Venetian speciality. Each tapas-like portion of cicchetti is paired with a complementing wine and, while the dishes vary each time, you can expect delicacies such as arancini (rice balls), fried zucchini flowers or baccala (traditional salt cod).
After your 1-hour tasting session, you can stay in the bar to enjoy more Veneto wine and food at your own expense. Alternatively, ask your sommelier for recommendations of different wine varietals to try on a later occasion.
Please refer to 'View additional information' to see map of the meeting point.