- Two-hour private walking tour of Venice's San Polo area
- See where the famous courtesans lived and merchants worked
- Artworks by Titian and Bellini at the Frari
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your tour escort and expert English-speaking guide on this special private walking tour of Venice
- Choice of morning and afternoon walking tours
- Professional commentary provided by your expert English-speaking guide
What You Can Expect
With an advantageous location along historic shipping routes between the Near East and Western Europe, Venice was at one time a mighty seaport and important commercial hub. Walk among historic merchants’ shops and living quarters as you learn about their brisk trade in items like silk, spices, precious metals and exotic woods.
San Polo is also the city’s former red-light district. You’ll hear tales of Venetian ladies of the night, from street walkers to accomplished courtesans who gained prestige among elite artistic and literary circles.
Your tour will conclude with a visit to the impressive, 13th-century Frari church. Admire the imposing Gothic architecture and step inside to view splendid statuary and masterworks of Renaissance art by painters Titian and Bellini.
James Y Canada
This was our introduction to Venice just two hours after we arrived. The immediate insight and the introduction to this area which is so full of character with its winding back streets, campos and canals to it's grand palaces along the Grand Canal was fascinating and entertaining. The personal insight from our excellent guide made this a memorable experience.
Our guide was terrific. Very knowledgeable and fun to talk with.
ALAN M USA
Great tour. You get as much as out of a tour as you put in. Since this was private tour, our guide was able to just our tour based on our knowledge and interest in the various subjects.
Martin S L USA