- Two-hour private walking tour of Venice's San Polo area
- See where the famous courtesans lived and merchants worked
- Artworks by Titian and Bellini at the Frari
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your tour escort and expert English-speaking guide on this special private walking tour of Venice
- Choice of morning and afternoon walking tours
- Professional commentary provided by your expert English-speaking guide
What You Can Expect
The second part of this tour allows you to admire the Gothic Frari church, which dwarfs the eastern section of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in around 1250, it is one of the city's largest places of worship. You will admire its striking interior, both for its sheer size and for the quality of its masterpieces ' the most famous being Titian's 'Assumption'.
This was our introduction to Venice just two hours after we arrived. The immediate insight and the introduction to this area which is so full of character with its winding back streets, campos and canals to it's grand palaces along the Grand Canal was fascinating and entertaining. The personal insight from our excellent guide made this a memorable experience.
Our guide was terrific. Very knowledgeable and fun to talk with.