- 1-hour private gondola ride in Venice including the Grand Canal
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide and a gondolier
- Cruise along the picturesque Rio della Madonnetta and then onto the Grand Canal
- Pass top Venice attractions including Accademia Bridge, Ca’ d’Oro and Rialto Bridge
- Listen to stories about the Venetian gondolas as well as trivia about the city history and architecture
- Choose from a morning or afternoon gondola ride
What You Can Expect
Cruise along Rio della Madonnetta, a picturesque channel that borders the San Polo and Santa Croce neighborhoods, and enter the Grand Canal. Snaking some 1.9 miles (3km) through the city, the famous canal is lined by grandiose churches and glamorous palazzi that look out on the countless gondolas, barges, water buses and taxis on the water. Soak up the sights and hear entertaining stories about how Venice was built from your guide.
Pass beneath Accademia Bridge, seeing the San Marco neighborhood on one side and Dorsoduro on the other, and listen to more tales of Venetian history over the years. Work your way through some of the less-busy and equally enchanting side canals, and then pass back onto the Grand Canal to see Ca’ d’Oro, an attention-grabbing mansion with magnificent Gothic arcades.
Before working your way back to the start point, see Rialto Market with its colorful stalls of fresh fish, fruit and vegetables, and then pass beneath Rialto Bridge — one of the icons of Venice. Hop back onto dry land at the start point and bid your guide and gondolier a fond farewell.
A wonderful experience and Max, our Guide was very knowledgeable and informative. We learned a lot about the history of Venice, the buildings and the canals. Thank you so much. Highly Recommended, definitely worth every penny.
Great way to see the City and the Guide was great!