- 1.25-hour guided Doge's Palace tour with skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Tour the beautiful public rooms and see Renaissance artwork by Tintoretto and Veronese
- Learn about the doges of Venice, who ruled the city for a thousand years
- Enjoy exclusive access to the Piombi attic prison, where Casanova was once held
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs to explore the New Prisons
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Room with hidden doorPhoto by: lee
- Magnificent ceiling artPhoto by: lee
- Inside the palace cafeteriaPhoto by: onniv
- Inside the palacePhoto by: onniv
- CourtyardPhoto by: Jeffrey C
- Secret PassagePhoto by: Jeffrey C
- Torture Chamber Doges PalacePhoto by: Jeffrey C
- Tintoretto MasterpiecePhoto by: Jeffrey C
- A prisoner's wordsPhoto by: Art K
- Doge great hallPhoto by: Gary P D
- Doge Palace roomsPhoto by: Gary P D
- a view from the Bridge of ...Photo by: Gary P D
- on the secret tourPhoto by: Gary P D
- Inside the courtyardPhoto by: Gary P D
- Reflections of VenicePhoto by: Nicole D
- Inside outPhoto by: Cheryl P
- Sunrise at the Doge's PalacePhoto by: Cheryl P
- VenicePhoto by: Michelle M
- View from the Bridge Of SighsPhoto by: linda
- Inside the Bridge of Sighs!Photo by: rosebuds63
What You Can Expect
Wander through awe-inspiring public rooms adorned from floor to ceiling with gilded carvings, murals and opulent décor. Your guide will point out Renaissance masterworks by painters Tintoretto and Veronese, including the famous ceiling fresco Juno Bestowing her Gifts on Venice. See the Trial Chambers of the Council of Ten and learn how this room was used to dispatch the fearsome secret service to investigate traitors of the republic.
Ascend to the attic and step inside the secretive chambers of the Piombi prison — a network of cells directly beneath the palace’s lead roof that was generally reserved for upper-class inmates and political prisoners. Let your imagination run wild in this part of the palace that is rarely open to the public, and hear how the legendary Venetian lover Casanova was imprisoned here and later made a daring escape.
Very informative, learned much about Venice's history and its secularism.
Robert D L USA
This tour was the highlight of our stay in Venice. The behind the scenes areas that were shown to us were rich in history and intrigue. Our guide showed a real knowledge of the palace. The small group size added to the enjoyment.
My husband and I took this tour in 2000. When I returned to Venice this September with my daughter, I encouraged her to do the same. She was as impressed as we had been! The architecture, the art, the history as explained by the knowledgeable guide . . .all contributed to a fascinating morning. Well worth arising early on our first morning in Venice!
Highly recommend this tour. Excellent guide with right amount of information and humor to keep all age groups interested. Guides are easy to locate pre tour. Would use this tour company again. Maureen
Elena was so much fun! She was a wonderful storyteller, and was enthusiastic about what she was describing to us. The Secret Tour was a great choice for my family and I. We highly recommend this tour!
Amazing tour! Our guide was so engaging and fun!
Great tour! I believe our tour guide was named Margo and she was the perfect combination of lots of knowledge and inside scoop while having a bit of fun with the group. Not a tour for anyone with mobility issues! Lots of stairs.
This tour was very interesting and informative!
This tour was brilliant! Having access to the cells for both peasants and nobility and the court room was very interesting and our guide was great, full of anecdotes, wit and good humour. The system of earpieces was invaluable with all the winding stairs and passageways so nobody missed out. It was fascinating to see behind the scenes and hear about the Doge.
The secret itineraries tour was excellent value for money, it was very interesting well organised the guide was very informative we really enjoyed it and would highly recommend.
Cathy and Carl Taylor UK