- Three-hour combination walking and boat tour of Venice
- Enjoy a two-hour walking tour including the famous monuments of St Mark’s square, such as Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace)
- Gain skip-the-line entry to St Mark's Basilica
- See Campo Santa Maria Formosa, the home of Marco Polo and the Rialto Bridge
- Explore small back streets, narrow passageways and piazzas as you learn about historical Venice from your guide
- Relax while cruising along the Grand Canal as well as minor canals aboard a water taxi for one hour
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Wonderful way to see much of ...Photo by: Joe A
- Venice Walking TourPhoto by: Jeffrey W
USA, 06 2010
- Railto bridge spanning the ...Photo by: HONG HONG T
Singapore, 11 2009
- Rialto BridgePhoto by: Sheila Marie L
Philippines, 07 2009
- Venice in One Day tour: Over ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Gondola in the canalPhoto by: Anonymous
- Venice - St. Mark's BasilicaPhoto by: Krishnan Vaitheeswaran
Australia, 10 2008
- Walking tour of VenicePhoto by: Jasper S
USA, 08 2008
- View from Rialto BridgePhoto by: Jasper S
USA, 08 2008
- St Mark's Square, VenicePhoto by: Anonymous
- VENICEPhoto by: SMRITI N
- VenicePhoto by: Arthur G
- Cool ShadePhoto by: pavel k
- Prison ClothesPhoto by: pavel k
- St Marcs squarePhoto by: pavel k
- The clock at St. MarcoPhoto by: Jenny S
- LagoonPhoto by: Susan M
USA, 09 2015
- Every turn is a new viewPhoto by: robmac
- After the guided walking tour ...Photo by: Jack& Diane
- A Gondola weving through the ...Photo by: Jenny H
What You Can Expect
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days in Venice. The weather was great! This tour was an excellent way to start our weekend without having to queue as so many others did! Our guide was fantastic on our walking tour which made us go around so many places and having the enjoyement of appreciating the sites rather than read a tourist book.
The one hour boat tour was also very good.
A must do tour.
Excellent tour, great value. The tour was very well organized, with mobile headsets provided for the walking portion. The walking tour covered a lot of central Venice very quickly and was very interesting. The boat tour was equally interesting. This was an excellent way to see a lot of Venice early in our trip to get the lay of the land. A lot of the city's history is explained, which was very interesting.
Excellent guide Barbara was great
Outstanding due in the main part to our guide Marco. He gets a 10/10 for his humour and wonderful personality! His knowledge of Venice is fabulous and you can tell he's so proud of his beautiful city. The boat tour was also just perfect.
This tour is one which can be up to 25 people, but the use of headphones means that you can always hear the guide. Ours was Kristina, who was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about Venice. It was really useful to have a brief history of Venice as we went round. It was a bit of a shame we could only be in St Mark's for 10 minutes, but that is not the tours fault, as it the policy of the church due to the number of groups visiting. We saw a lot of Venice in the walking tour, which would have been quite difficult to find by ourselves. The boat tour started back near St Marks so we had to make our own way back here, but there was 2 1/2 hours to do this allowing time to wander around the Rialto area first. The boat tour was extensive, going all the way up the Grand Canal as well as some smaller canals. The guide pointed out the key buildings, which was very helpful. Overall a very good introduction to Venice.
Brilliant tour with an excellent guide!
The tour was really well done and very informative. The guide Marco was friendly and gave a great insight into the history of the city whilst adding some great comical comments to keep it light hearted and interesting for all.
The main guide was nothing short of wonderful and I only regret that I somehow managed to forget her name. She was spectacularly good - informative, thorough, charming, witty and very knowledgeable. The second guide - for the boat tour - was pleasant but rather less informative and - I suspect - less knowledgable. However, overall this was a marvellous introduction to Venice.
Great tour and boat ride. Headsets helped so much!
Ian S United Kingdom
Great tour which started at 11am. 1 hour round the Basilica followed by another hour walking the streets of Venice. Barbara our guide was very knowledgeable and funny, which made the subject matter a lot easier to take in and remember. We then had a 3 hour break to do our own sightseeing before going on a small boat for another hour on the grand canal with another knowledgeable guide. Great organisation and well worth the money!
Loved, Loved, Loved Venice!! We were skeptical to visit but were pleasantly surprised! Our tour was easy to find at St Mark's stop. You do need to buy a water ferry pass for the day if you come from the train station and it takes about 50 minutes to reach the main square. We walked all around the plaza, went inside the Cathedral in the early afternoon and then took a boat tour. Since the inside Cathedral lights are only lite from 11-12:30pm to really appreciate all the gold interior be sure to do the morning tour as you may miss a lot in the afternoon. We then walked all around the town and took a couple hours for lunch. We dined at Ristoranti Florida on the canal right past the Rialto Bridge. As soon as you cross take the Rialto Bridge away from the plaza take an immediate left onto the canal and the restaurant is a couple down. The tour also offers several times for the late afternoon boat tour so if you are limited on time then tell them. They were very accommodating and let us go an hour early so we wouldn't miss our train back to Milan. Note: Restrooms are impossible to find so plan your trips accordingly with your meals. Also don't feed the pigeons as there is a fine for doing this as they are unwelcome guests.